Ext JS OEM License

Farshad Mohajeri

249 members have voted

1. 1. Will you purchase an Ext JS OEM license which costs ~300 USD?

• Yes, I will do so.
    • Sorry, I am unable to do so.
    • I already own a valid Ext JS license.

• Administrators

Dear developers,

Here is another poll.

Soon we may start selling OEM Ext JS licenses, as it will be mandatory for all developers to get one or more licenses to be able to gain access to further beta builds of uniGUI.

Main issue here is that Sencha won't be allowing us to distribute beta builds as we do now. I mean without an OEM agreement in the place. It means from now on all forum members who want to access further beta builds most get an Ext JS license. i.e. you will not be able to access beta builds unless you purchase one or more  Ext JS licenses. I can keep uniGUI beta builds free for another couple of months or more, but same thing is not true for Ext JS. Ext JS is a commercial product and I have no control over it. I need to play the game by their rules.

Hopefully, after OEM agreement is done, those developers who haven't purchased an Ext JS license yet need to purchase it directly from us. It will be same or a bit lower than the price Sencha sells it. After you get the license you will be able to continue access to beta builds as before.

If you already have a valid Ext JS license we will verify it with Sencha and you won't need to purchase a license from us.

Thanks for your support.

Farshad Mohajeri

• Administrators

To avoid confusion let me clear something.

When uniGUI becomes commercial both Ext JS license and uniGUI will be sold in form of a combined single product. Currently, while in beta stage you need to purchase the Ext JS license only for reasons I explained above. You will pay for uniGUI later when product is ready and we ask for it.

For example let's say that uniGUI will cost 700USD. You will pay 350USD now for the Ext JS license and when uniGUI is finished you'll pay another 350USD.

Hi Dear Farshad

I think that , licensing is not necessary for this product 

if you think purchasing license by you is better than by any user own , I suggest that you give us two option , with license for example 200$ and without license free.

I'll choose two !

i like uniGui and i don't want to loss it

with donation you can pay any cost of product unless license, isn't it ?

Farshad, please don't forget to ask Sencha for deeper details about possible limitations of OEM license and keep us informed,

see http://forums.unigui.com/index.php?/topic/3121-donation/page-2&do=findComment&comment=14433

But either way - if I decide to buy a license directly from Sencha within next weeks, I would still donate another $ 300 to you to support the eminently important opportunity for a UniGUI-Bundle!

• Administrators

Farshad, please don't forget to ask Sencha for deeper details about possible limitations of OEM license and keep us informed,

see http://forums.unigui.com/index.php?/topic/3121-donation/page-2&do=findComment&comment=14433

But either way - if I decide to buy a license directly from Sencha within next weeks, I would still donate another $ 300 to you to support the eminently important opportunity for a UniGUI-Bundle!

I asked Sencha yesterday. There is no difference between a bundled licenses and a license you directly purchase from Sencha. Both grant you same rights and bring same restrictions.

• Upvote 1

ain issue here is that Sencha won't be allowing us to distribute beta builds as we do now. I mean without an OEM agreement in the place. It means from now on all forum members who want to access further beta builds most get an Ext JS license. i.e. you will not be able to access beta builds unless you purchase one or more  Ext JS licenses. I can keep uniGUI beta builds free for another couple of months or more, but same thing is not true for Ext JS. Ext JS is a commercial product and I have no control over it. I need to play the game by their rules.

Maybe I have misunderstand something with these extJS licences.... but: please consider that it have to be always possible to install and test the product "UniGui" for interested developers. If someone new comes to this place, reads about all the features, thinks "great - lets see how it can be handled with my ideas....", wants to download and install a test version and than have to read "No, no - you cannot test it in your development environment, you have to first licence with extJS, than you may come back here....".... I am sure you may get some initial 50.000$ from the fellows who already hang around here, but UniGui will have no chance to grow like it would have to grow to become a mature and trusted framework for the coming years. Its not your fault - its seems to be a extJS thing. I hope you will find an option to make it possible for interested developers to test all the features also with future version of UniGui. In my opinion thats essential to not only make money with 0.94 to 1.0 with all the guys who already know your product, but also in the next years with all the developers who don't know anything about UniGui now.

• Administrators

Maybe I have misunderstand something with these extJS licences.... but: please consider that it have to be always possible to install and test the product "UniGui" for interested developers. If someone new comes to this place, reads about all the features, thinks "great - lets see how it can be handled with my ideas....", wants to download and install a test version and than have to read "No, no - you cannot test it in your development environment, you have to first licence with extJS, than you may come back here....".... I am sure you may get some initial 50.000$ from the fellows who already hang around here, but UniGui will have no chance to grow like it would have to grow to become a mature and trusted framework for the coming years. Its not your fault - its seems to be a extJS thing. I hope you will find an option to make it possible for interested developers to test all the features also with future version of UniGui. In my opinion thats essential to not only make money with 0.94 to 1.0 with all the guys who already know your product, but also in the next years with all the developers who don't know anything about UniGui now.

A time limited/feature limited trial version will resolve this issue.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

Hi Dear Farshad

I think that , licensing is not necessary for this product 

if you think purchasing license by you is better than by any user own , I suggest that you give us two option , with license for example 200$ and without license free.

I'll choose two !

It can't happen unless I switch to GPLv3, BSD or an alternate open source license. In this case you won't be able to develop commercial apps using  uniGUI.

Sencha no longer allows users purchase their own licenses.

with donation you can pay any cost of product unless license, isn't it ?

Sorry?

Well...you still can purchase the Ext JS license directly from there webshop

but cost  $595.00 or is it a other license?

Sencha no longer allows users purchase their own licenses

• Administrators

From what I can see here; among 1200 forums members who I've sent out an email, only a fraction have cared to vote yet. It is a bit disappointing to see that we can't even get 200 votes.

Among those who have voted, 52 members are telling that they can't buy an Ext JS license which means that they were in a wrong path from the very beginning. It was always clear from the beginning that neither uniGUI nor the Ext JS license will be free.

This means that from now on we will continue our beta adventure with a smaller group of developers. Perhaps with around 100~120 people. Those who are more dedicated to the project and agree to get a commercial Ext JS license.

Thanks for your support.

From what I can see here; among 1200 forums members who I've sent out an email, only a fraction have cared to vote yet. It is a bit disappointing to see that we can't even get 200 votes.

Take it easy. It is not a surprise. Here are many one-time (occasional) coders. But the "hard core" is evident, it's like in sport :-)

Farshad, it's a constructive review

I know of no tool that facilitates both create web programs, but ... Delphi (Builder C++) is not in their best moments, not all Delphi programmers know Unigui, and plus many programmers are used to work in environments such as Eclipse, or languages like PHP, Python, Ruby, Perl, ...  not forgetting Intraweb, Raudus, ...  usually free.

Your tool is great for those who don't want to learn programming for the Web, but is too small for those who already do normally.

To my sporadic work, is the best I've found, but I think that are right to say it lacks a boost to get the programmers that now use Eclipse and others, and switch to Unigui

I would not want to offend you, I like your work, and has helped me a lot.

Hi

Félix

• Administrators

Farshad, it's a constructive review

I know of no tool that facilitates both create web programs, but ... Delphi (Builder C++) is not in their best moments, not all Delphi programmers know Unigui, and plus many programmers are used to work in environments such as Eclipse, or languages like PHP, Python, Ruby, Perl, ...  not forgetting Intraweb, Raudus, ...  usually free.

uniGUI is not intended to replace J2EE or PHP. All are different tools created for diffferent purposes. UniGUI targets web applications not web sites. Both are different things.
What you create a in a couple of hours in uniGUI may take days to create in J2EE.

PS: Intraweb is not free.

Your tool is great for those who don't want to learn programming for the Web, but is too small for those who already do normally.

What do you mean by saying "too small"? Can you elaborate?

uniGUI targets web applications mostly for use in intranet and internet.

To my sporadic work, is the best I've found, but I think that are right to say it lacks a boost to get the programmers that now use Eclipse and others, and switch to Unigui

I would not want to offend you, I like your work, and has helped me a lot.

Those who already code in J2EE or PHP won't switch to uniGUI. uniGUI is mostly for Delphi developers who want to create web apps in an easy and RAD way.

In conclusion, uniGUI will continue to evolve. With each version it will come with more advanced features.

Like any other tool uniGUI will do best if chosen for right project and used in proper way.
  • Upvote 2

uniGUI is not intended to replace J2EE or PHP. All are different tools created for diffferent purposes. UniGUI targets web applications not web sites. Both are different things.
What you create a in a couple of hours in uniGUI may take days to create in J2EE.

Those who already code in J2EE or PHP won't switch to uniGUI. uniGUI is mostly for Delphi developers who want to create web apps in an easy and RAD way.

In conclusion, uniGUI will continue to evolve. With each version it will come with more advanced features.

Like any other tool uniGUI will do best if chosen for right project and used in proper way.

Totally agree with you Farshad

We are in a closed pre-release forum, at least currently you don't have to justify your product ;-)

Among those who have voted, 52 members are telling that they can't buy an Ext JS license which means that they were in a wrong path from the very beginning. It was always clear from the beginning that neither uniGUI nor the Ext JS license will be free.

This means that from now on we will continue our beta adventure with a smaller group of developers. Perhaps with around 100~120 people. Those who are more dedicated to the project and agree to get a commercial Ext JS license.

Thanks for your support.

my little advices: 

.) re-mail your invitation to the votes and there will become more votes.

.) Many people need two invitations before they come back here to vote.

.) try to promote UniGui a bit more agressive in the delphi world.

.) make clear that it will mature soon and the beta may become to 1.0 in the near future.

.) promote the time limited money savings for x and y - if people hear that they can save money, they will take a detailed look how they can save it.

• Upvote 1

my little advices: 

.) re-mail your invitation to the votes and there will become more votes.

.) Many people need two invitations before they come back here to vote.

.) try to promote UniGui a bit more agressive in the delphi world.

.) make clear that it will mature soon and the beta may become to 1.0 in the near future.

.) promote the time limited money savings for x and y - if people hear that they can save money, they will take a detailed look how they can save it.

.) Bring the Website in some better shape

.) ...in this course you could give the (perhaps NonVCL) child a new name ;-)

.) Add Links to existing documentations (Wiki, Quickstart-Guides...) to avoid FAQ's by beginners

.) Please just decide and don't discuss and poll with us too much - even a bad descision is something the mass has to live with :-)

.) Realize that you are unrivaled! Use this advantage in the good and don't get disappointed by some people who might not capture/understand everything right now...

• Upvote 2

This is my last post at this thread, because I look like the bad guy, and it isn't. I only want to expose because I think only a few are willing to pay.

In the morning, I work in government company, where all is based in web applications (in whose development I do not intervene), and all are made with php, javascript(I suppose) and lately with aspx.
I don't doubt to Unigui power, just saying that when you are surprised by the few developers who are willing to pay you for your work, you have to assess the environment in which you move, and that isn't the medium or big company.

I would not want it to end the project for lack of buyers or users, because as I said has been my lifeline.

Farshad calls an act of faith, asking for money for a product still in production without a defined route, and even without knowing the final price .... I think it's very logical what has happened, many people are waiting to see how the product evolves.

Variscan, if you want to sell a product, you have to always defend , in closed or open forum, and more for 1200 many potential customers.