• +300 USD
    • +400 USD
    • +500 USD
    • +750 USD
    • +1000 USD

Hi Farshad,

The price is not a problem. You have donne a big job,

and (700€ - 1000€ ) are justified.

But i anderstand for somme developers it can be expensive.

So, for this raison, you can sign a business accord with Sencha JS :

- 329€ is there standard price.

- but specially for ungui users sencha price could be : 200€ (exemple)

Saying them that, in one month you can sell them handreds licences.

Well, nothing is cheap while nothing is expensive. For developers who create business commercial web apps any price is cheap!!

Well.... I am sure the guy up there does not know what is saying... speaking in Euros and not in Dolars that was used over the forum...

However look this:

• Delphi XE5 license Brazil: US$1,500.00
  • TMS Business Pack: US$ 1,000,00
  • ElevateDB with source: US$800,00
  • EXTJs: US$329.00
  • UniGUI: who knows???

Considering half of this price per year as updates. IT IS NO CHEAP !

There are benefits? Yes, based on these tools I have customers. But it is not a river of money.

Sorry, I had to say that after this 2 post.... have a nice day!

And just giving another example:

B4A: it is a compiler for android... US$50,00 (3months subscription) ONLY  or US$100,00 (2 years subscription) they have more than 25,000 users active on the forum, kicking in!

Delphi (or AppMethod) : Hundreds of dollars: everyone complaining, few people buy, in my country huge piracy.

So what? Spread the technology and get more people involved with good price. Ext-js is already too high for that, but .... Hard to say.

• Administrators

In Delphi realm you can't attract more customers by simply cutting the prices. 

For someone who actually develop commercial web apps Ext JS is not expensive. You pay once and deploy to unlimited apps.

Well, software pricing is a vast topic. In short, let me say people don't like to invest in software even software developers who ask a lot for their own works look for cheap or free development tools.

But I agree that Delphi price tag is way too high especially for Enterprise and Architect versions.

• Administrators

Well.... I am sure the guy up there does not know what is saying... speaking in Euros and not in Dolars that was used over the forum...

However look this:

• Delphi XE5 license Brazil: US$1,500.00
  • TMS Business Pack: US$ 1,000,00
  • ElevateDB with source: US$800,00
  • EXTJs: US$329.00
  • UniGUI: who knows???

Considering half of this price per year as updates. IT IS NO CHEAP !

There are benefits? Yes, based on these tools I have customers. But it is not a river of money.

Sorry, I had to say that after this 2 post.... have a nice day!

If you completely move to web apps you can get rid of TMS pack!!

Whether it is cheap or not it is related to customer base and how large  it is. My main point is that Web applications mainly target a market where apps are sold for higher prices than regular desktop apps.

If you completely move to web apps you can get rid of TMS pack!!

Whether it is cheap or not it is related to customer base and how large  it is. My main point is that Web applications mainly target a market where apps are sold for higher prices than regular desktop apps.

Sorry I cant !!! The Business pack is about Aurelius ORM (kind of NHibernate) and RemoteDB, DataModeler, Scripting... those are all non-visual stuff that I use. 

I am not using DBComponents anymore, those are simple but I cannot get my application running on firemonkey.

My goal is to have the same app in all the platforms: web, desktop and mobile. 

It is possible, but not simple...

Today I have compiled successfully for the first time my application to run on android. The same one I have running on UniGUI. File size: 50 MB !!!!!

Long road to deal with it.....

Eventually yes... 

We are moving to a multi platform world as you know... 

However there is a benefits to offer mixed possibilities.

There are thing that I only can do on Desktop right now. I mean, almost everything can be done on web also, but there is not all components available. IN this sense I expect a way to create uniGUI components from javascript packages and that can be used on the delphi way, pretty much what you doing with EXT-JS, 

Like graphs, if we could have a nice graph package, from one of those many javascript options, well there is TeeChart javascript but not sure how complete it is.

Speed and integration with other applications is better on desktop. There are a lot of desktops around. And depends also in how the application is done. Web is easier to deploy, but a no installation app is easier also. Download run and it knows where to connect via web (I am using XData).

I see web as a alternative, at office the user will follow the destkop option. But at home or when traveling it can use the web version. Very handy.

However what I see happening on my country (and you have a lot of Brazilian programmers, since it is one of the biggest comunities) is the small/medium cloud based ERP, that you have a company account and you use the back-end features.

Then in the front-end you have the POS/store functions. It is a mixed used. The web is better for deployment, you create new version and deploy quickly. 

The front-end changes much slower. 

So, I see a great future for UniGUI, I am counting with it. 

Thank  you.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Try to maintain the price <=700 otherwise you join the Embarcadero "I know better" world of guys living in a dream.

I keep developing in Delphi only for historical reasons. If it becomes too expensive ( as Embarcadero so gracioslly made

the latest versions of Delphi )  then I'll have to move to someting else.

I already own a Sencha license , so there must be an option about buying the whole kit or only the UniGui framework.

I very much appreciate your work but please don't shoot yourself in the leg !

• Administrators

Have you checked current Ext JS prices?

https://www.sencha.com/store/extjs/

Sencha no longer sells Ext JS without support. The minimum price is 665 USD for a single license.

With a uniGUI price targeted @700 USD you'll get best of both worlds for a very reasonable price.

I agree that Embarcadero prices are no longer reasonable.