• +200 USD
    • +300 USD
    • +400 USD
    • +500 USD
    • +750 USD
    • +1000 USD

• Administrators

Dear developers,

We may try to make an OEM agreement with Sencha soon. To achieve this we need to dedicate enough funds. It will be great if anyone can specify the amount they can donate to uniGUI project so we can achieve the agreement with Sencha as soon as we can.

Answers to some of your questions:

• The donated money will be used to achieve the OEM agreement.
  • The donated amount will be kept in a database and will be considered as a prepayment for your future purchases.
  • We will also provide special discounts for your early donations.
  • If you already have a valid Sencha Ext JS license we will provide you a one time special discount. ( We will verify validation of your license with Sencha )

At the moment I only ask you to vote for the poll.

Thanks for your support.

Farshad Mohajeri

Dear Farshad.

You've really created a great tool, and you should charge for your work, but I think that before requesting financial assistance,you should tell us the amount you are going to  charge for the license.

I see your suggest for price, and I think that you will charge very expensive.

You must think that for small developers can be an expensive investment, and we must know if we can pay the Sencha and Unigui licenses. 

If the sum of the two licenses is very high, I personally will use other tools even if they are harder in use, but free of charge, or even work in Microsoft Webforms Net.

I am sure many programmers think as me.
  • Upvote 2

• Administrators

Dear Farshad.

You've really created a great tool, and you should charge for your work, but I think that before requesting financial assistance,you should tell us the amount you are going to  charge for the license.

I see your suggest for price, and I think that you will charge very expensive.

You must think that for small developers can be an expensive investment, and we must know if we can pay the Sencha and Unigui licenses. 
If the sum of the two licenses is very high, I personally will use other tools even if they are harder in use, but free of charge, or even work in Microsoft Webforms Net.
I am sure many programmers think as me.

With Ext JS OEM license included the minimum price for a single seat will be ~700USD.

I believe that it is a small investment if you develop commercial web application.

If I may speak frankly it's expensive. After the decision of excluding VCL mode UniGUI will be very similar to Ext.NET.
Ext.NET Single Developer Bundle (included Sencha Ext JS Commercial License, 1 Year Premium Support Subscription) and with full source code costs $495.
UniGUI is a wonderful tool that very well suited for my tasks. So I made ​​a firm decision under any circumstances, to purchase it. But it seems that for many others (especially small developers that  will use UniGUI for web development only) it will be a difficult choice.

Regards

• Administrators

700-495 = 200USD

Is 200 USD difference the main problem here?

Everything in world of Delphi is more expensive than world on .NET including the development tool itself. Just compare the price of Delphi itself with VS. It is because Delphi has a tiny market share compared with .NET.

If price was the main criterion we all have switched to .NET years ago.

As a note the last time I checked EXT:NET coding in it is not  easy at all. You need to code manually and design interface is not far from being WYSISWYG.

• Administrators

But it seems that for many others (especially small developers that  will use UniGUI for web development only) it will be a difficult choice.

Regards

Can you help me understand what price tag would fit best the "small developers" group? Why does it make a difficult choice.

As I told above, if you develop and sell commercial web apps, such investments are tiny unless you sell your project for peanuts.

Consider that both uniGUI and Ext JS are royalty free. Invest once, sell many!

• Upvote 1

When I say "small developers" it can be for example freelancers. But of course you're right - in this case, $ 200 is not a significant. Personally, I'm willing to pay that price for the convenience of working with UniGUI.

• Upvote 1

Hi  Mr. Farshad,

in a previous post you said that the price for the commercial version of Unigui will be about  700-1000 Usd  with Ext JS OEM license included.

I think for many of Us (single developer) the price is a to high, but considering the great job, the price could be acceptable. 

My idea: We donate, anticipate 400-500 Usd and will receive the Full source code Of Unigui  (eg 0.94 version).

When the commercial version of Unigui  will be ready, we could get it  by paying the difference.

best regards

Salvatore Marullo   
  • Upvote 1

700 USD is ok if it includes sources and support but (and, please, take in a constructive sense the following lines, keeping in mind that I love UniGUI)...

The problem here is that UniGUI components are really great but are somewhat simple. For any "advanced" feature, we have to do it directly with ExtJS. With a small project, its ok, but with a medium or large project is somewhat difficult so Delphi Code + JavaScript Code must be maintained given that JS access, global visualization and depuration is not agile at all.

This is why we think that UniGUI must have much more components, with much more options and properties, to minimize the usage of custom JS to those cases really needed, not for common functionalities. As example, we miss at least:

• More sophisticated toolbar (vertical/horizontal, overflow, switcher, button group, with controls, panel mode, etc.)
  • More list components (Check/Radio Lists, columns, parameters item editor, native images and internal value systems,  etc.)
  • More tree components ([Check]Treelist, [Check]treegrid, parameter node editors, etc.)
  • More sophisticated buttons
  • More sophisticated tips
  • More sophisticated editors (with masks, clear buttons, direct calculated value, etc.)

700 USD is Ok, but it is a price level for whose this set of components should be rather more complete.

Regards,

• Upvote 2

For the prices, I think you should have at least two options, Standard and Pro, standard has no source while pro has it

Standard price will be responsible for around $450 - $500

and Pro version for $700-$800.

you can also have more expensive version which aimed at enterprise customers.

I think ~750$ is fair enough....

I think a great efforts been invested in unigui and I love it....
and I think that farshad will continue to improve it...

We can't wait till EVERY thing ( as we want ) is working 100%, I believe that we have to give unigui a chance, and we all know that the future is "web application" and unigui made it so easy for us.

I personally appreciate farshad's work and wish him good luck....:-)

• Administrators

What is price if I bought Sencha ExtJS license?

I have valid Sencha license, because using this component in my application.

I don't want to pay twice for it.

4. If you already have a valid Sencha Ext JS license we will provide you a one time special discount. ( We will verify validation of your license with Sencha )

Follow my humble opnion:

I think uniGUI brought us an option to develop web applications with an ease that did not exist. In addition to take advantage of the knowledge and the codes we already have in Delphi.

And for me, I'd rather pay to produce faster, than save investment and take much longer time to meet my clients. Studying another language? Absolutely not. Time is money!

And if we want to continue Farshad investing your time in uniGUI have to give financial support to do so.

Due to excellent quality uniGUI presented until now, I vote we pay ~800USD for PRO version and we pay every six months (or every "n" versions) rate (100 .. 200 USD) to continue to receive upgrade (similar to products TMS SOFTWARE) and encourage Farshad to dedicate their time to uniGUI.

A suggestion to meet to small developers, would be to offer a version "light" of uniGUI with fewer resources / support for a lower value.
  • Upvote 4

As this is my first Post, let me introduce myself in a short sentence:

I'm a german ISV and Consultant for over 16 years - into Pascal since 1990 and then passionate Delphi-Developer since Version 1.0 1995. 

I'm very disappointed about the comments to Farshads honest poll. I consider it as a "request for money to save our own souls" - so some of you should really feel ashamed!

It was not Embarcadero nor the "big" third-parties or crowd-funded Sillicon Valley Huts: Alone Farshad and his persistant work gave us a vualable Delphi-based option to further develop with the State-of-the-Art extJS techniques! Remaining creative and to participate in markets we meanwhile dared to dream about!

Farshad gave us the opportunity to long-term evaluate his work, gain experiences, take influence by our feedback and even already to publish 1st-Class Real-World-Applications based on UniGUI. I think other than Farshad many dev's already made a lot of money by selling "their" innovation for old desktop-solutions! :-|

And now, when the foreseeable day comes to pay for what we're using, someone soon calls it "expensive investment"!? So if you think you're getting your work even qualified done with Freeware-Crap, just do it! Have fun - esp. as a "poor single developer" - inventing the same time-consuming wheels over and over again for tinyiest problems, while others get powered by the real gear and will still be able to reuse a lot of all those hard-earned Source-Codes and Delphi-KnowHow over the years...

Farshad now faces what I personally also experienced as the dirty drawback of work, passion and - of course- expectations:

When it comes to the question of money, the loudest Backslappers turn to Runaways, leaving those back with frustration and demotivation that made it so far! :-( I hope you  consider it only as an annoying snapshot of a minority - so forget about it soon!

To come to a point:

I think 999 $ for UniGUI + Sources + Sencha License would be fairly ok!

But perhaps it would be a better idea be to sell UniGUI like many other tool-vendors nowadays: On base of an annual subscription with lower entrance prices, e.g. 499-599 $ incl. Sencha Lic. for the first year + 249-349 $ following. I think it would have a very positive impact on at least Farshads motivation for a further enduring development. Not to forget about the community of those "poor single developers" who later won't be willing to afford some bucks to be on the scrounge for newest versions and enhancing features ;-)

BTW, perhaps if UniGUI Sources become available, VCL-Mode could live quite a while longer with contributions of helping hands...
  • Upvote 3

Agree with Variscan. Farshad has mentioned several times that the product would be approx. 750 - 1K including ExtJS. There are no surprises here. As I understand it, the donation is needed to get the ExtJS OEM settled. Clear this hurdle and we will soon get a released product. I've adopted the framework and have used it to convert several desktop apps with success. I've been waiting for the product to be released for over 2 years now. Let's help Farshad get this done.

• Upvote 1