uniDBGrid: Need to change preserveScrollOnRefresh to true

Asiaapollo

• 6 years later...

the problem is quite simple. I have a Grid with lots of rows. Whenever the scrollbar is not on the very top and i change a datarow over another mask (connected to the same datasource) the grid refreshes like it should which is good, but the scrollbar does not maintain its state. even if i select the edited row again the row is at best the last visible row. In the end this is getting to be  confusing for the user since he is expecting the row in the same line and position of the screen where he found it before.

18 minutes ago, TobiS said:

the problem is quite simple. I have a Grid with lots of rows. Whenever the scrollbar is not on the very top and i change a datarow over another mask (connected to the same datasource) the grid refreshes like it should which is good, but the scrollbar does not maintain its state. even if i select the edited row again the row is at best the last visible row. In the end this is getting to be  confusing for the user since he is expecting the row in the same line and position of the screen where he found it before.

Can you make a simple testcase for reproduce this issue?

i think i found why the grid is comlpetly refreshing. Since i save the changes to a database the grid does a full refresh and the cursor for the scrollbar resets. If i only bind it to a temporary Datatable it does only show the changes without reloading everything.

is there a way not to reload the full grid?

Alright i found the problem. I edit a value of the dataset after the database did the save. The value is not in the grid visible since its not relevant. After that the grid does a complete reload and the scrollbar resets with it.