How to implement chat with UniGui?

maxpetruk

In case with VCL, I will use the database events, when table has update, the database sends messages Event with the parameter target (get all the customers, and updated those with a matched parameter, such as the client's unique identifier)

If such an application uses a n-tier architecture, as in my case, access to middleware, this way there is no problem, but when it starts HTTP protocol problem here because it is one-directional.

I know there are various tricks to implement some model of bi-directional communication server to the client:

long polling, commet, reverse ajax - (can be read on Wikipedia)

and there is a new technology as part of the standard HTML5 -websockets which apparently does provide the mechanism of communication.

Even there are components for Delphi. How to implement it with UniGui, I asked the question but unfortunately no answer it:

http://forums.unigui...-server-client/

I hope there will be people who still will clarify this important topic

In case with VCL, I will use the database events, when table has update, the database sends messages Event with the parameter target (get all the customers, and updated those with a matched parameter, such as the client's unique identifier)

If such an application uses a n-tier architecture, as in my case, access to middleware, this way there is no problem, but when it starts HTTP protocol problem here because it is one-directional.

I know there are various tricks to implement some model of bi-directional communication server to the client:

long polling, commet, reverse ajax - (can be read on Wikipedia)

and there is a new technology as part of the standard HTML5 -websockets which apparently does provide the mechanism of communication.

Even there are components for Delphi. How to implement it with UniGui, I asked the question but unfortunately no answer it:

http://forums.unigui...-server-client/

I hope there will be people who still will clarify this important topic

Hi,

I work with chat in my project using a combination of Datasnap and UniGui.

First, see the chat demo that comes with delphi using Datasnap.

Then you need to adapt your need with Unigui to the client side.

This week I'm very busy, but I'll try better detail as I do.

Hi,

I work with chat in my project using a combination of Datasnap and UniGui.

First, see the chat demo that comes with delphi using Datasnap.

Then you need to adapt your need with Unigui to the client side.

This week I'm very busy, but I'll try better detail as I do.

Ок, Thanks for responce in anyway)

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...