Client side lookup data

johnp

I am converting an application that I have in Intraweb with the use of TMS components to UNIGUI. This application processes delivery orders. Each of the clients have their own shipping or address lists that are unique to them. I am wondering if I can somehow write and read client data that would be used to fill in UNIGUI forms on the server side using UNIGUI only and somehow read the client side data or tables that have addresses unique to them, and without keeping several independent client lists on the server side.

I do have a client-server application that does this very well, which connects to the server to process the orders once filled in in two ways. 1. It processes orders and posts each individual order. 2. Multiple orders can be entered then batch appended to the server. However for some clients they insist on only browser based applications where we cannot install software on the client side for security and other reasons.

Is there a way I can read addresses that belong to each client from the client side without using cookies. Any help or input is appreciated.

John P.

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't you use the classical Master->Detail schema from Delphi.

You could have 2 grids, one with clients and one with the adresses

that takes the data from a query with parameter client_code from the first query.

Then you need only one button to select the adress id and go forward with your things.

That looks like it would be easy. I will try that. Thank you.

Why don't you use the classical Master->Detail schema from Delphi.

You could have 2 grids, one with clients and one with the adresses

that takes the data from a query with parameter client_code from the first query.

Then you need only one button to select the adress id and go forward with your things.