Architectural question. VRRP and Master HyperServer. How?

Skyp

Hi.

We want to deploy our application on several datacenters, we are going to use the popular multiIP DNS routing(LoadBalancing) approach used for example in Google or large companies.

image.png.a97c93cc6417df0c0fd851ed7bca4e46.png
Ie, when a user sends an NS request, the nearest (one of the IP addresses) is returned to him via DNS, thereby the user will get to one of our datacenters (in Lithuania, Finland, Russia, etc.)..

In each of the datacenters there are several hyper_server instances with VRRP(keepAlived) – a common IP, if one of the hyper_server instances refuses VIP service, the second instance will be responsible, while it will access the same nodes (slave) the same as the first one.

Because we plan to use the Rewrite load balancing mod and assign a unique white address to each working node (slave).
I.e. users come with NS: mydomain.com
Mydomain.com these are 3 IP addresses (different datacenters):
{
1. XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX – Finland(a)
2. XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX – Lithuania(b)
3. XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX – Russia ©
}

DataCenter #1(a) (for example Finland):
Common IP master – mydomain.com = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX – Finland
{
Master#1 – keepAlived IP – Active
Master#2 – keepAlived IP – Reserve
Master#3 – keepAlived IP – Reserve
}
All master servers within the datacenter have the same configuration for working nodes (slave): [server-0], [server-1],[server-2],[server-3]..[server-n]
In Finland (slave), the nodes will be as follows:
Slave – subdomain.mydomain.com = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX – Finland
{
Slave #1 - a0.mydomain.com
Slave #2 – a1.mydomain.com
Slave #3 – a2.mydomain.com
Slave #4 – a3.mydomain.com
... n
}

(If one of the slave servers falls, it's not as scary as if the master falls and the automatic reserve does not rise.)

Then, of course, there is a VRRP for several PgBouncer (for a single pool of DBMS connections), followed by DBMS clusters with sharding and replication. (with auto-failower)

All this architecture is not problematic except for one issue:
Will we be able to organize a hot backup via master hyper_server via VRRP? Did someone do it?

How to automatically raise another master nearby (with the same IP – VIP)(he will immediately pick up all the nodes(slave VM)), does anyone have experience?

If VRRP works with hyperServer - I also think it could be a cool explanation in the FAQ on designing large systems, for example:
http://www.unigui.com/resources/online-documentation/developer-manual - Scalability

(The issue of multiple DBMS connections is solved in my example PgBouncer)
Tomorrow morning I will try it 2 masters and one slave. Turn off-turn on . This may be an imitation of VRRP operation..

• Skyp changed the title to Architectural question. VRRP and Master HyperServer. How?

Does not work. I tried to deploy 2 Master servers, one turned off the second turned on with one slave – the cluster worked.
I turned off the 1st master, turned on the 2nd, and error 503 began to appear when routing to the node (slave).

node restart required (slave)....