Textprocessing and Printing to PDF

Helmut Hort

Hi all,

I want to implement a text processing and printing (to rtf/to pdf) component into my web application. Unihtmlmemo is a good beginning. Has anyone an idea of how to print the written htmltext to a pdf-file? Or is there another way of achieving that goal, perhaps with other components working together with unigui?

Yours

Helmut

Hi Zilav,

I don't believe that fast reports is the solution because my endusers are not capable of serving a report generator. I need something like zoho or MS Live Office but as a component to use with unigui in my own application and not somewhere in the cloud.

Helmut

Endusers will need only browser, all modern report systems work with web. Or you can always write your own report web service. I for example wrote ISAPI module using FastReport that gets template name and parameters from url and generates pdf. So when I need to print anything from my UniGUI apps, I just show an UniLabel with corresponding url, thats it. FastReport Server does exactly the same, but I found it much easier to write my own report server.