SQL server and FireDac with UniGui

Mossy

I have a strange problem with UniGui.

The main issue is I am using SQL server with firedac and we have another windows app which uses the same database.

After a bit of use the whole system freezes and even the window program that has been working for many years stops responding.

As soon I terminate the UniGui App, all goes back to normal, with no change on any application or sql server.

Has any one use UniGUi in the same way? sharing the same database with another windows application.

26 minutes ago, Mossy said:

I have a strange problem with UniGui.

The main issue is I am using SQL server with firedac and we have another windows app which uses the same database.

After a bit of use the whole system freezes and even the window program that has been working for many years stops responding.

As soon I terminate the UniGui App, all goes back to normal, with no change on any application or sql server.

Has any one use UniGUi in the same way? sharing the same database with another windows application.

Hello, I also work in a similar way.

I have standalone unigui application + desktop application + MS SQL + ADO and so far I have not noticed any such problem even both applications share several libraries (dll)
After how long parallel operation of the two applications starts to observe this problem, a few days or a few hours.

I'm not using IIS or HyperServer, are you?

@MOSSY,

Is the same team who has developed the old VCL App and your new Unigui app ?

There are mens who use a conventional SQL Transactions, and mens who don't use any SQL Transaction !!!

So, It is important to know how work your 2 motors ...

As you describe your problem, it seems to me that is a Transaction  issue.

I don't think the problem with Unigui app, we have large system that uses same database with: Desktop, Web with Ungui, API with DMVC, and also many more windows services that work on the same database.

I think the problem came from locking record on Unigui app while other app try to modify it.

Do you use DbAware components in unigui app?

Also be sure don't start transaction without commit/rollback on same time.

Thank you for your responses.

To resolve the issue I have removed all the writes to database from UniGUi App and all done through a service on the server which the window app is using too. This made no difference. 

stopping the windows app as far I know does not resolve the issue. However as soon as the unigui app is shut down all will be OK immediately with no action. 

The uniGui app only reads data and posts any updates to the service which is running on the same server.

The windows app is using ADO and Firedac on UniGui.

We use dbware components like dbgrid.

I also use SGC web socket in UniGui app.

The crash happens random at times just after an hour use and sometimes longer.

It appears to me that UniGui is placing a lock on a record and the other window apps are waiting for the lock to be lifted. 

I am using standalone UniGui exe and no hyperserver is used.