License information

lele9

Hi Farshad,

im interesting to your product but before to make a choice i must to know some things.

Now the product is in beta version. if i try to downlod the license page tell clearly that its for evaluation purpose.

In the forum i read that its possible to distribuite commercial application with beta version too.

This is a contradiction. Can you explain me?

whats happen if i use your free beta version to developer commercial application?

and whats happen when you release the officiale license?

for example:

i use beta version of unigui to developer an application. i delpoy it to my customer.

you public official version.

my beta version remain free? or i must pay the license?

and the deployed application? whats happen if the terms of official license (or price) don't satisfied me?

i think that unigui its great work but there isn't clear whats happen in the next future!

thanks,

Emanuele.

• Administrators

Hi Farshad,

im interesting to your product but before to make a choice i must to know some things.

Now the product is in beta version. if i try to downlod the license page tell clearly that its for evaluation purpose.

In the forum i read that its possible to distribuite commercial application with beta version too.

This is a contradiction. Can you explain me?

While we don't explicitly state in our license, you can use uniGUI beta for commercial use without any restrictions.

whats happen if i use your free beta version to developer commercial application?

and whats happen when you release the officiale license?

You have two options:

1) Purchase the commercial version and continue development using it.

2) Stay with last free beta version and continue development using it.

Which means if you are happy with latest (free) beta version and it meets your requirements you can stay with it and use it in your commercial projects. Your current projects and associated licenses won't expire.

Important note: At a certain point we may stop publishing free betas and switch to betas with commercial licenses. Until we make such a distinction all beta versions are free for commercial use.

for example:

i use beta version of unigui to developer an application. i delpoy it to my customer.

you public official version.

my beta version remain free?

Yes.

or i must pay the license?

Only if you want to use features in newer version.

and the deployed application? whats happen if the terms of official license (or price) don't satisfied me?

As I told above you can stay with latest beta version which you are happy with.

i think that unigui its great work but there isn't clear whats happen in the next future!

Please see our new roadmap. Version 0.90.0 will answer lots of such questions.