Themes

rvenky20001

All the themes that are available make the application look like a desktop application which is ok in a lot of cases where we are migration our original desktop

app to the web. But there are also places where in I would like to use UNIGUI to create proper web pages with DB integration.

Are there any themes available or is there a way to make the WEBsite look like a normal website rather than a desktop application in case it is necessary ?

Venkatesh

Well, main target of uniGUI and EXT JS are Web Applications where themes aren't so important.

I love this idea.. I would love for UNIGUI to be my complete web server. Im not real keen on ISAPI, and if I run it stand alone on the same box as the web server, I cant use Port 80

My question is.. If I want to use UniGui for a web server.. i understand how to drop the htmlframe on the form etc.. works fine.. but.. Now that I have my main page done.. how do i navigate to other forms/frames in my application when a user clicks on a tab on my main page? I mean, In Delphi, I load a new form my Form.Showmodal.. but how do i call that form from HTML from my main page? Do I pass vars, capture them, then call form.showmodal?

Actually, now that I think about it.. you can only make the first form full screen, then every form there after can't have its own html.. right? So maybe thats the answer..Just thinking out loud

Sorry if my question is confusing..

Or , how about this idea.. If you can make the first form full screen, and assign HTML to the form, then can you can reassign the HTML on the fly for the main form? Thus, give the impression that there are many pages?

Gordon

If you have some links in HTML that should open other forms, assign js onclick events on them and call AjaxRequest(), catch them in delphi on server side and do what you want.

If you want to open new forms as a pure html markup, then using unigui is not the best idea. I'd even say its the worst thing to do. Use common LAMP stack for that, or even write CGI/ISAPI in delphi without unigui.

If you have some links in HTML that should open other forms, assign js onclick events on them and call AjaxRequest(), catch them in delphi on server side and do what you want.

If you want to open new forms as a pure html markup, then using unigui is not the best idea. I'd even say its the worst thing to do. Use common LAMP stack for that, or even write CGI/ISAPI in delphi without unigui.

Im starting to think that the best idea is to either

1. have my web server on one machine, and the UNIGUI on the second.. that way they can both be setup on port 80, to avoid fire wall issues with users.

or

2. just make an ISAPI extension.. That the prob the direction I will go.

Using UNIGUI to make a full blown web server doesnt seem to make sense..