Help on UniDBLookup Combo (too difficult?)

Stemon63

Hi,

i need help on UniDBLookup Combo; In real world applications UniDBLookup can sometimes have big tables lookup (cities) an not always few records (that can be loaded all-in-one).

So, I need to search in editor (I Know ExtEvents) but I need to query DBIsam "remote" table for fill combobox list with fitered values; I known that OnBeforeQuery have the "query" string for filter source, but how (and where) I can relaunch DBISAM query while I type into editor, so I can have only few records in list ?

Thanks in advance!

Stefano Monterisi

Hi,

i need help on UniDBLookup Combo; In real world applications UniDBLookup can sometimes have big tables lookup (cities) an not always few records (that can be loaded all-in-one).

So, I need to search in editor (I Know ExtEvents) but I need to query DBIsam "remote" table for fill combobox list with fitered values; I known that OnBeforeQuery have the "query" string for filter source, but how (and where) I can relaunch DBISAM query while I type into editor, so I can have only few records in list ?

Thanks in advance!

Stefano Monterisi

Attached a solution to do something similar but with a different way, here using UniComboBox (it may not be what you need)...

In the example, UniEdit is used as filter input to avoid JS on client side around the combobox's provisional text and keystrokes, as UniGUI doesn't tell you the input text you see on screen.

ComboBox.rar

• 1 month later...

Yes, it is an advanced feature. Along with Ext 4 ComboBox will support remote Query mode which is what you need I think.

Yes, Farshad. The problem is that I have used Devexpress combos, lookups and advanced grids into Desktop application....and i must insert same or similar advanced "search" and "lookup" features for porting customers to a new web application. They don't want "OLD" way for lookup, scroll data, e filtering.. :-)

You can understand my needs.. :-)

Thanks in advance for the fantastic product.

Stefano Monterisi

Attached a solution to do something similar but with a different way, here using UniComboBox (it may not be what you need)...

In the example, UniEdit is used as filter input to avoid JS on client side around the combobox's provisional text and keystrokes, as UniGUI doesn't tell you the input text you see on screen.

Hi, Estrify, thank you for sample!

But, my need is to query a big table filtering values that starts with edited text, incrementally while type chars in the field, filling list with first 20 values, for ex..

Thanks for the help :-)

Stefano Monterisi

Hi, Estrify, thank you for sample!

But, my need is to query a big table filtering values that starts with edited text, incrementally while type chars in the field, filling list with first 20 values, for ex..

Thanks for the help :-)

Stefano Monterisi

Hi Stefano,

I am sure you have found a solution. If not, here is a way to do something like what you need (look at UniComboBox1KeyPress event).

The main problem is that UniComboBox doesn't have a property to tell you the text typed unless the text is in the list. To work around this, you can use client side events if ExtJS combo informs about the text typed when it doesn't match an item of the list (I don't know if it does) or use a server side variable to store the filter with server side key detection. I used this second option in this example.

So you have to filter key strokes and process them properly (to detect shifts, ctrls, function keys, backspace, etc.).

Regards,

ComboBox2.rar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have posted a temporary example (that works!!) on modified/extend component for obtain dynamic lookup on big tables, search/filter/order in a grid....

There are some problems on delay and response time...

Please tell me what you think.... :rolleyes:

http://62.149.239.41:8077

I hope that those features are perfect and available in 0.90 :rolleyes:

Thank you,

Stefano Monterisi

Hi,

I have posted a temporary example (that works!!) on modified/extend component for obtain dynamic lookup on big tables, search/filter/order in a grid....

There are some problems on delay and response time...

Please tell me what you think.... :rolleyes:

http://62.149.239.41:8077

I hope that those features are perfect and available in 0.90 :rolleyes:

Thank you,

Stefano Monterisi

hi. I liked the sort. a very necessary thing. In my project, too, do the sorting, but a symbol showing the direction of the sort we have not really look beautiful. (pic 11, 12) Can you share your sorting.

Thank you.

post-475-0-88926200-1349330360.png

post-475-0-47279300-1349330368.png

post-475-0-53355500-1349330379.png

hi. I liked the sort. a very necessary thing. In my project, too, do the sorting, but a symbol showing the direction of the sort we have not really look beautiful. (pic 11, 12) Can you share your sorting.

Thank you.

Yes Mediv, but this is only a test; Symbol is the latest thing... at this moment. Do you have tried the lookup?

Well, I hope those features are NATIVE in next release of Unigui...

Thanks,

Stefano

Yes Mediv, but this is only a test; Symbol is the latest thing... at this moment. Do you have tried the lookup?

Well, I hope those features are NATIVE in next release of Unigui...

Thanks,

Stefano

Interesting. Although I see the lookup combo flashes much.

We do similar sorting mechanism, but slightly different: when click on one column, the grid is ordered by this column as first criteria, and with prior ordered column as second criteria, and so on, allowing any needed sequence of ordering criteria.

I hope new versions of UniGUI give us a little life.

Hi Stefano,

We have some strange problems in our application that are also present accessing to your test. We would be pleased if you could have a time to try to reproduce the problem.

When one session is closed or timeouted for a user, we have several problems starting new sessions for this user (with new explorer windows or pressing "Restart application"). In too many cases, UniGUI thinks that those new sessions are timeouted or closed ones, so it redirects to timeout page entering a loop. Normally, UniGUI does that when the explorer raises an exception (attached the exception for your web).

We think the cause is something in the Session tracking mechanism (please, see the topic with this name). This behavior only occurs accessing through a proxy and is very inconvenient for the reputation of the application since it does not allow even present the user welcome screen.

Thank you very much in advance for your help...

post-743-0-10159600-1349343311.png

Hi Stefano,

your search in combobox is very good, it is matching with InfoPower controls,

I hope the same built-in, in the next release of UNIGUI.

Only thing I am thinking is, even if the grid is paged, actual no of records loaded on server side, I suppose if few lacks, and the no of simultaneous sessions, will cause heavy load on server.....

But it is nice to have look at your demo

Regards

Hi Stefano,

your search in combobox is very good, it is matching with InfoPower controls,

I hope the same built-in, in the next release of UNIGUI.

Only thing I am thinking is, even if the grid is paged, actual no of records loaded on server side, I suppose if few lacks, and the no of simultaneous sessions, will cause heavy load on server.....

But it is nice to have look at your demo

Regards

Hi Ronak,

thank you!

This is only a test, home made... but it's possible to extend and fix for performance and "usability"....

But I think those things, and other (infinite scroll without paging) are already present in new JsExt library. So when 0.90 was release, I hope to see...native :-)

Hi Stefano,

We have some strange problems in our application that are also present accessing to your test. We would be pleased if you could have a time to try to reproduce the problem.

When one session is closed or timeouted for a user, we have several problems starting new sessions for this user (with new explorer windows or pressing "Restart application"). In too many cases, UniGUI thinks that those new sessions are timeouted or closed ones, so it redirects to timeout page entering a loop. Normally, UniGUI does that when the explorer raises an exception (attached the exception for your web).

We think the cause is something in the Session tracking mechanism (please, see the topic with this name). This behavior only occurs accessing through a proxy and is very inconvenient for the reputation of the application since it does not allow even present the user welcome screen.

Thank you very much in advance for your help...

Yes we have problems in sessions, it's true....even without proxy.... but I have still no investigate.

Thank you,

Stefano

Yes we have problems in sessions, it's true....even without proxy.... but I have still no investigate.

Thank you,

Stefano

Thanks for the info. In our case, the problem with the session is, by far, the most serious of all (too serious). Please, if you find something on the subject, let us know.

Regards,