Support Freepascal or Delphi7?

lmf

• Administrators

Most web server running at Linux server, will unigui support freepascal in the future? how can i get a copy of the source codes

Yes, but Delphi has its roots in Windows. Current version of uniGUI is dependent to VCL and WinAPI and not portable to Linux/FPC. Not sure what will happen in future. It all depends on market demand.

Yes, but Delphi has its roots in Windows. Current version of uniGUI is dependent to VCL and WinAPI and not portable to Linux/FPC. Not sure what will happen in future. It all depends on market demand.

Will be good to port UniGUI to FreePascal/Lazarus to develop apps for Linux. I'm the first in vote to do that. Of course not now, you have to do some things to come to 1.0 version. But after that two things will be very important from my point of view:

1- Use ExtJS higher

2- Port it to FreePascal/Lazarus to develop for Linux

• 5 months later...

Main problem with Delphi 7 is Frames. There is no way to implement and install a custom TFrame descendant in Delphi 7.IDE:

Dear Farshad,

I have prepared a customized address info frame which inherited from TFrame by using Delphi 7.

It contains a lot of DbEdit components on it

I have compiled it as a design time package and installed it into a IDE component pallette.

So, I can drop my address frame as component onto my forms.

This not directly related with UniGUI.

I have used standard components and frames.

But, it may give us somes clues.

Regards.

Hur