TUniDBGrid enhancement using JSon DataSet

Darth Florus

Hi!

I want the TUniDBGrid to be populated also from a JSon data instead of a TDataSource.

I will be very usefull to Me when I use UniGUI against a REST Server done with a different tool than Delphi. No need to do updates, only browse capabilities required.

Best Regards

My point is....

The Sencha Grid does it grid management internally via a JSon (users of Sencha with PHP know that). Why don't expose a Delphi property to assign to without the need to translate REST JSon response to a TDataSet and translate to JSon again (that internally UniGUI does)?

No sense for Me.

I hope that Unigui will implement this functionality, especially for read-only lists. I often use Rest services that return Json, and in case you don't need Crud, it would be optimal and much faster to load the json directly into the grid rather than go through the dataset. Thank you

On 7/2/2022 at 10:41 AM, Tokay said:

The datasets is the most direct way in Delphi. Where you can get your REST data excluding DataSets?

Performances are important and we use rest services for scalable system when users are a lot. Especially in a multi-server frontend system throught Hyperserver we have "remote" DB services with rest for optimize data requests and avoid big datasets in memory's UNIGUI frontend.
Dataset is the most direct way in Delphi, but not the fastest way on data remoting.

• Upvote 1