Ejecutar una App del lado del cliente

JOSE ALCANTARA

Cheers,

I am testing unigui to take my vcl applications to the Web, I can tell you that I have had excellent results, 
few drawbacks, one of them is when executing an application on the user's PC, I do the example with NotePad, 
the code works fine but when run opens NotePad on the server.

This is the code that executes, how can I make it open the notepad on the user's pc.

procedure TfGestionarCasos.bEjecutarClick(Sender: TObject);
begin
   ShellExecute(Handle,'open', pchar('notepad.exe'),'','', SW_showNORMAL);
end;

Gracias de antemanos.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in UniGUI.

Programming on the web is different from traditional vcl. For security reasons, you cannot perform operations without permission on the client side. You will need to develop plugins for such cases.

As mentioned above, your approach is not common to web applications. But it can be done; however it is nothing trivial.
I for example use KbmMW based TCP/IP desktop clients to provide print and file upload services in the user's local environment. This approach would allow me to run a local file. But achieving this took a lot of work for me.

If it were enough for you to provide your user with a similar Notepad in your application, UniGUI provides you with plenty of resources (UniMemo, UniHTMLMemo) to develop it; without having to go through the hassles of keeping apps apart.

Excellent Oliver,

It works for me, I get a screen to confirm the application with which the call will be made, but I'll see how to refine it.

Another thing that I could put to work is to open the whasapp Web and give it the phone number, before I opened it on the server as well.

Now i am going to try to send mail by client side autlook.

you need to think outside the box.

on the web, everything runs on the server, and you don't have access to practically anything in the client's local environment.

any access to local resources, which you did in vcl, will have to create a local program that receives messages from the server and executes these routines. as our friend above has already said.

it's not simple. but it works.

the inconvenience is that your system, although it is web, it will have dependencies on local applications installed to work..