Performance of Grid in browsers

Helmut Hort

Hi Farshad,

I intend to work with a StringGrid/DBGrid with about 100 Columns and about 10 to 50 rows. Performance on web is very poor using unigui 088. Will it be dramatically better in 089 or do I have to solve the problem otherwise?

Best regards

Helmut

• Administrators

Hi Farshad,

I intend to work with a StringGrid/DBGrid with about 100 Columns and about 10 to 50 rows. Performance on web is very poor using unigui 088. Will it be dramatically better in 089 or do I have to solve the problem otherwise?

Best regards

Helmut

Do you use cell coloring in your grid?

and how can be managed that much data at the same time??

In the past we have seen data grids as big as this, and we concluded that the information was mixed and it was better to analyze it and group it by content for better analysis of the end user, then show it by small grids. (IMO)

PS: Including "Time" as variable.

Besides, 100 columns is too much for a web app. How user is going to use a grid with this much columns?

Yes I want to use cell coloring as an optical effect, but it is not necessary.

I need that "big" grid to show the reservation status of variable lots of touristic objects over 3 months with sensitive Informations per cell.

Of course I can imagine of another solution for that problem but every other solution would only be a bad substitution.

Helmut