Ajax Error Window

cristianotestai

Hi Farshad,

When there is a problem with the internet connection from the user, or even a fault with the connection to the server, there is the Ajax Error with the little window, crashing the web application.

In these and other cases, something could be done to display a page informing that there was a communication failure or a generic message about the problem with the site,

instead of the window "Ajax Error"?

As the attached image, when there is a failure, gmail tells what might have happened.

Thanks.

post-17-0-60738700-1335192930_thumb.jpg

Does it crash web app? In what way?

Hi Farshad,

I expressed the wrong way.. really not crash the app, but for each access by the user or internally by the application, the window "Ajax Error" is displayed.

Just for this reason i asked the question:

In these and other cases, could something be done to display the page informing that there was a communication failure or a generic message about the problem with the site,

instead of the window Ajax Error?

Thanks again.

• Administrators

Hi Farshad,

I expressed the wrong way.. really not crash the app, but for each access by the user or internally by the application, the window "Ajax Error" is displayed.

Just for this reason i asked the question:

In these and other cases, could something be done to display the page informing that there was a communication failure or a generic message about the problem with the site,

instead of the window Ajax Error?

Thanks again.

I'll look at this issue.

• Administrators

Hi Farshad,

When there is a problem with the internet connection from the user, or even a fault with the connection to the server, there is the Ajax Error with the little window, crashing the web application.

In these and other cases, something could be done to display a page informing that there was a communication failure or a generic message about the problem with the site,

instead of the window "Ajax Error"?

As the attached image, when there is a failure, gmail tells what might have happened.

Thanks.

You can customize the message.

You can customize the message.

I think in a way not to have that window "Ajax Error" but to present another form or page to indicate the problem occurred.

This will be possible or just customize the text in the window?

Regards,

Cristiano