Doubts about structures

picyka

The success of an application is a set of tools I would say so, with the components UniGUI, which seriao ferrametas the most appropriate

Driver connection to the database?

Best database?

Work or use object-oriented TClientDataSet?

Live binding?

Apache or IIS as a server?

As their stories are no longer working!

Regards to all.

The success of an application is a set of tools I would say so, with the components UniGUI, which seriao ferrametas the most appropriate

Driver connection to the database?

Best database?

Work or use object-oriented TClientDataSet?

Live binding?

Apache or IIS as a server?

As their stories are no longer working!

Regards to all.

In case of databases, absolutely best for me are DAC components from Devart. If you use MS SQL - use SDAC, if you use Oracle - use ODAC. But if you use more DB sources - use UniDAC, which I can recommend a lot. My experiences are only with commercial DBs for corporate ERPs, so MS SQL Express (2008/2012) for Windows or Oracle 11gR2 Express for Linux are suitable for DAC. These Express versions of commercial DBs are free (limited by database size and CPU count). But if you use UniDAC, you can use MySQL or PostgreSQL from open-source territory for instance. All Devart DACs are based on TDataSet class.

In case of databases, absolutely best for me are DAC components from Devart. If you use MS SQL - use SDAC, if you use Oracle - use ODAC. But if you use more DB sources - use UniDAC, which I can recommend a lot. My experiences are only with commercial DBs for corporate ERPs, so MS SQL Express (2008/2012) for Windows or Oracle 11gR2 Express for Linux are suitable for DAC. These Express versions of commercial DBs are free (limited by database size and CPU count). But if you use UniDAC, you can use MySQL or PostgreSQL from open-source territory for instance. All Devart DACs are based on TDataSet class.

I'm using Postgres 9.0 + DBExpress with a drive from Devart

and I'm doing a framework persistenicia objects to work with the livebind xe2

I use kbmMW to supply data to all my programs Win,Mac,IOS, Android and uniGui.

This setup give me the same programming features on the client on all platforms plus can add server rules and functions easy.

I use SqlDirect on the kbmMW servers connecting to Firebird. MSSql, Oracle 10g and 11g. I prefer FireBird over all databases. By using the middleware I don't need all the features of the database.

Using this setup I found especially with Firebird Embedded i can have a lot of users with pooled connections, very easy setup and low maintenance cost

I found IIS to me easier to work with than Apache so I will stay with that, I even run WordPress on IIS with MySql and found it very easy to maintain.

Later,

MSSQL, IIS, ordinary TADOConnection plus Ehlib's TADODataDriver + TMemTable = perfect combo for business CRUD applications. I keep all data handling logic on sql server (stored procedures and functions). My apps don't have a single select, update, insert or delete statements. Using only parametrized calls to stored procs makes you immune to SQL injection attacks.

MSSQL, IIS, ordinary TADOConnection plus Ehlib's TADODataDriver + TMemTable = perfect combo for business CRUD applications. I keep all data handling logic on sql server (stored procedures and functions). My apps don't have a single select, update, insert or delete statements. Using only parametrized calls to stored procs makes you immune to SQL injection attacks.

This TMemTable, which is???

Hello:

I have a friend living in Las Vegas and he recommend RemObject for abstraction of DB Level. I did not use yet, but I want to investigate about.

I use: MSSQL both Commercial and Express editions, with TADOConnection, but in my case there are some simple SQL sentences that I build dynamically. And I use MemTable from DevExpress and works good. I tried with some others and they give me strange bugs in run-time, so I still use MemTable from DevExpress.