Problem consuming web service through REST components

albertovesx

hi

I have an unigui app that consume a webservice through standar delphi REST components. When I deploy as exe there is not problem at all; but when I deploy it as ISAPI  in IIS then I cant get the response. I made some tests and the web service response correctly, but unigui app does not receive the response.

Can somebody help me? Are there special configurations that I have to make in IIS?

Hello Alberto,

I have an uniGUI application running with Hyperserver (via ISAPI) that connects to a REST server without any problem.

Try with the Hyperserver configuration. To install Hyperserver with ISAPI I followed all the instructions in the uniGUI manual and everything worked correctly. 

The manual for ISAPI: http://www.unigui.com/doc/online_help/index.html?isapi_module.htm

And the manual for Hyeprserver and ISAPI: http://www.unigui.com/doc/online_help/index.html?installing-and-configuring-hyp.htm

The are a lots of advantages with Hyperserver :

• The updates of the executable are very easy and you can do it without stopping the service.
  • Scalibility
Edited by Pep
Hyeprserver link incorrect

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2022 at 12:13 PM, Abaksoft said:

Hello Aberto,

Sorry for my ignoring.

Why using REST, when we can do all thing in Server side ?

In an other words, what are the benefits for using REST ?

Thxs.

Hi, I am consuming services from other systems. for example Google API. In other words, I am a client for REST.