WHEN a combobox with Items and values?

Stemon63

Hi,
WHEN a combobox with Items and values? When an advanced lookups with descriptions and values? From direct items or from datasets?
WHEN a DBlookup with a multicolumn popup?
With this fantastic product  we are in trouble with the dumbest things that should be basic. We waste a lot of time on nonsense...
Thanks in advance.

57 minutes ago, Stemon63 said:

WHEN a combobox with Items and values?

/fill
  for .... do
    comboColor.Items.AddObject(sColorName, Pointer(rgb));
//select
comboColor.ItemIndex := comboColor.items.IndexOfObject(Pointer(rgb));

Hi x11,

thank you, 
for combobox, i have a lot of DBCombobox that have values (integer) and description (strings). How I can manage comfortably them, in DB components, without temp variables? I need integers to store and description in popup.

Also for DBLookupCombobox, we need a "decent" grid in popup for multicolumn, with headers and column separators.
In short, a dedicated component without writing useless and redundant code.
Just like the long awaited Listview 🙂
Thanks a lot    

Hi x11,
My intention is to use the DB components instead.
I have hundreds of forms with tons of fields, and I certainly can't use local variables to do the same job that DB components can do without writing additional code.
Your reasoning is valid if you have masks with few fields to present, but it is absolutely not valid in my case.
A DBCombobox with descriptions and values is not the end of the world to be built natively. As well as a better done multicolumn DBLookup, which is already present in ExtJS.