Does an extension of the UniGUi license makes sense at all?

likemike

Hi Farshad

No idea if I speak for the forum but that is not the point. I mention a few myself refer to responses from other forum members
throughout this thread. If it is necessary for a delegate to come...no problem...I'm happy to do so. But shouldn't be necessary.
Maybe not everyone dares to speak out I can understand that. I also don't think it should be necessary for there to be x-umber of
forum members who might be critical before our concerns are addressed or the points made here are addressed.

There are, in my opinion, enough points in this entire thread that I, Dominique and other forum express their concerns...that should be enough.

As also stated earlier there are things on the roadmap that I still don't know if they will go through and are important to me like:

- Bryntum Gantt Chart ve Schedular (is on there from 2019 I think)
- Responsive layout (would be looked into, nothing more heard of it but important today because people want to use multiple devices.
   You want to use the same applications on your mobile, tablet or PC without having to build mobile apps)
- New components (never saw the list that is referred to.
- more clarity on source code and its availability..an EULA is an End User License Agreement between you and the user, that says
   nothing about the availability of the source code or where it is deposited or available when you fall away.
- faster bug fixing (other forum members)

Other topics have already been mentioned in this whole thread and I'm not going to repeat them here. Shouldn't be necessary it
seems to me...they are known. 

You shouldn't want this kind of thread yourself anyway...and they arise because people are concerned, dissatisfied, don't feel heard
and there is insufficient communication. I've indicated before that I'd be happy to help you with issues to at least improve communication and the roadmap

Regards Peter

Hi Farshad,

When I post something like this on the forum, it is only to get some things moving, to go forward.

Let me explain my situation.

I'm the only developer working on projects for several large companies here in Belgium and I'm using Unigui and Delphi.

The biggest concern they have is when I drive with my car against a tree and I dye, what will happen with the continuity of their business.

We are talking about companies with more than 100 internal users working only on our solutions.

When I fall out, their complete system is shut down, no more support, no more updates, no more nothing.

Here in Belgium, I cannot sign a single agreement with a company without providing a solution to this.

I had to make an agreement with another Delphi company here in Belgium that garantees to take over support when something happens to me and I have to make the sources available in case something goes wrong. This is quite normal, you cannot expect companies to trust on the health of somebody to run their business.

It is the same with Unigui. You mention other third party providers for Delphi that work with 1-3 developers, and you are right, but, there is a big difference, they all offer 'full sources' for a higher price. Even large third party providers like DevExpress, ... they all provide full sources.

What if something happens to you? We are stuck and over time, our business will suffer from this.

Could you please think about these things? I'm more than willing to help to get Unigui forward, but please, talk to us and please focus on the right things, obvious things.

The forum is full of hacks and workarounds for things that should be covered by the base framework.

Regards,

Dominique

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Happy 1

Hello

• We will publish Q2-2022 roadmap tomorrow
  • We will open a poll for Q3 2022 so we can create new roadmap based on customer requests
  • We will share full source code for all units in the CORE folder (UniGUIForm, UniGUIFrame, UniMainModule etc.) It means that we will share full source code for all units that are used to compile your uniGUI app

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2