NewUniGui

OIP.YPgXwnHLunuPNlWcAyKWkgHaEO?pid=ImgDe

Hi,

I need expert feedback. My company used Delphi to develop most of our desktop applications. None of us has any experience with web scripting.

Our company wants to develop a web-based exam center. The exams will usually show text, video, voice, and MOQ questions. The max number of users who will take an exam at the same time might exceed 9000.

I suggest using UniGUI to develop the solution for this exam center, but I need to be assured of the following:

1. Can UniGUI support this number of users at the same time?

2. What Hardware specs are required?

3. What infrastructure is required (e.g., servers, bandwidth, load balancers, SSL, and DBMS).

Your help is appreciated.

you will need several application servers to manage this amount of users, at least 10, but of course this depends a lot on how your application was built and optimized.

but wait a little, because the structure currently existing in the hyperserver, cannot handle this amount of users,

the reason is that in the current mode, all requests from all users are sent and retransmitted by the master server.

I'm waiting for a new feature that will solve this.

it would be good for you to work with a rest api, so that your application doesn't have the bank connected all the time, and in order to share part of the load on your system, use connection pooling in your rest api as well.

On 1/10/2022 at 3:07 PM, Wilton Ergon said:

you will need several application servers to manage this amount of users, at least 10, but of course this depends a lot on how your application was built and optimized.

but wait a little, because the structure currently existing in the hyperserver, cannot handle this amount of users,

the reason is that in the current mode, all requests from all users are sent and retransmitted by the master server.

I'm waiting for a new feature that will solve this.

it would be good for you to work with a rest api, so that your application doesn't have the bank connected all the time, and in order to share part of the load on your system, use connection pooling in your rest api as well.

Thank you Wilton for your feedback, What the Maximum number of users that Hyperserver can support?

10 minutes ago, NewUniGui said:

Can anyone who knows for sure the number of Maximum simultaneous users tell us?🔍

Hello,

I don't know what maximum users can work, but this information is needed to get exact answer:

1. how many RAM have server

2. how many CPU's

3. what are Your Server Limits: MaxSessions, MaxConnections, maxGDIobjects

4. how many components You will use in project

5. What kind is You project: StandAlone, Service, ISAPI

If You give us this data, then maybe will get a answer closer to real situation

if you are starting now, and your application will have thousands of simultaneous accesses, and even if your concern about spending on servers is something important, creating your system using technologies that do not keep your users connected in sessions, will certainly be the best choice, the unigui is undeniably a powerful framework, but this issue of keeping user sessions active is undoubtedly its Achilles heel

in other structures each open page can be loaded on a different server, the use of cpu and memory on the server is much more optimized, this considerably reduces server costs.. 

• 11 months later...

This is very important questions, If you allow me to answer this question

Let say:

On 1/13/2022 at 9:22 PM, irigsoft said:

1. how many RAM have server

Let assume that I have 32 GB of RAM on my server  

2. how many CPU's

2 CPU with 4 cores each.

3. what are Your Server Limits: MaxSessions, MaxConnections, maxGDIobjects

I don't have any idea of How to answer that?

4. how many components You will use in project

Edit box, Image, Grid, ADO (MS-SQL or MySQL), Menu, combo box, background image, Radio buttons, Checklist, DB Navigator

5. What kind is You project: StandAlone, Service, ISAPI

I don't know what to decide. Which one can handle more clients?