hyperserver multi server large number users

Wilton Ergon

Currently we're using this structure to processing the incoming WebAPI requests. I added URL redirect function with separate main-server.

We'll follow this structure to setup the HyperServer as well after we finished our project.

The security and safety is the first that's why we never put App.Server directly to internet. Behind a firewall and Apache reverse proxy.

The router protects the servers with ddos and flood protection. The loadbalance reverse proxy making the https with LetsEncrypt and chooses a AppServer by number of requests.

Sorry for the schematic picture.

WBO-Servers-schematic.thumb.png.bd5ae771cbca8a832549200d064f84b3.png

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
On 1/3/2022 at 8:41 PM, Wilton Ergon said:

Farshad, 

could you let us know if there are any concerns that we should be aware of regarding safety with mode 3

Each ServerNode will be exposed to the global internet. There will be no difference between a regular uniGUI server and other ServerNodes. You can deploy them as ISAPI dlls, so IIS will add an additional security barrier.

each slave server will have a site with a different address.
will there be a mechanism to prevent the user from directly accessing the system on that server?
ex
master server
mysite.mycompany.com.br

slave server 1
mysite_app1.mycompany.com.br

slave server 2
mysite_app2.mycompany.com.br

slave server x
mysite_appx.mycompany.com.br

if the user tries to access directly
mysite_app2.mycompany.com.br

it will be redirected to
mysite.mycompany.com.br ?

which in turn will make the correct forwarding

and this way? 

if they do, they can generate an overload on a server, since it will not go through the master server, which will check which server has the least users connected, and direct it to the server with the least load.

I don't think it's correct for the user to decide which server to use, this must be done by the balancer that will direct it to the server with the lowest load, or even prevent it from connecting to a server that is not active.

imagine if the user decides to save the address

and I need to disable access to that server...
it will try to connect, and it won't.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Wilton Ergon said:

if they do, they can generate an overload on a server, since it will not go through the master server, which will check which server has the least users connected, and direct it to the server with the least load.

I don't think it's correct for the user to decide which server to use, this must be done by the balancer that will direct it to the server with the lowest load, or even prevent it from connecting to a server that is not active.

imagine if the user decides to save the address

and I need to disable access to that server...
it will try to connect, and it won't.

If the slave server is disabled and user tries connect to it then re-directing to main server will not work!

That said, your concerns about load balancing remains valid.

** If the slave server is disabled and user tries connect to it then re-directing to main server will not work!

yes, I know this cannot be avoided, and you can be sure it will lead to support issues. because my users are very inattentive.

chrome itself can save this address, and when it does the search in the search bar, it will be redirected to one of the slave servers that may be down.

I was thinking..

if the master server, when doing this redirection, sends a token through the request body, when the site is loaded it checks if the token arrived, this way it would be possible to know if who opened the site was a request from the master server, or if was directly opened without going through the load balancer.

you can't warn, alert, or shout, as there are thousands of users, it had to be the application's responsibility to avoid this type of behavior.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 1/21/2022 at 11:00 PM, Wilton Ergon said:

something wrong is not right.
Another week comes to an end, and we're just waiting.

We are still testing.

The most tricky part is that all failed, timed out, restarted or naturally terminated sessions should be redirected back to the master server!

Direct URL access should be disabled and re-routed to the master server!

It is the part that we are still implementing & testing...!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Wilton Ergon said:

percebemos a complexidade desse recurso, devido ao atraso no lançamento, a pergunta, será que vai funcionar?

Of course Will! It is true that Team FMSoft leaves something to be desired in support mainly; but as for the technical quality the guys are "top of the line"

Há 1 hora, Ronbral disse:

Claro que Will! É verdade que a Equipe FMSoft deixa algo a desejar em suporte principalmente; mas quanto à qualidade técnica os caras são "top de linha"

Well, I've known unigi for a long time, and I have nothing to complain about, the support always helps a lot. Sometimes we have to change some detail of how to do something, but we always have answers.. My humble opnion.

• Like 2

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Wilton Ergon said:

we realize the complexity of this feature, due to the delay in release, the question, will it work?

We are trying to make sure that this will happen! :)

Mode-2 (UrlRedirect) adopts a simpler working principle compared with other two modes. Master Server's job is to redirect URL to one of the Slaves and once this happens all traffic goes to that slave server.

The tricky part is to make sure that all URLs will point to the master server when a session is expired, terminated or restarted. Another thing is to make sure that a user can not directly start a session on a slave server.

• Like 5