SSL options

magosk

What options for using SSL are there (in general) with uniGUI?

Some specific questions:

1. Is it available for the standalone server / service yet (I saw some earlier posts on this)?

2. I assume you can use IIS for it as well?

3. We are currently using a product called Octagate Switch for handling several web applications and web services on a server using the same (standard) port and a single SSL certificate. E.g. our primary web app is reached directly through an URL like www.example.com, a second at www.example.com/App2, a web service at www.example.com/Service1 and so on, and Octagate redirects the traffic to the ports used internally on the server. Has anyone had experience with this product or something similar with uniGUI? A note: we might get around this issue and skip a tool like Octagate completely by instead using a newer multi-domain certificate and instead have a firewall redirect traffic on different IP addresses internally to this server and the ports in question, but the question is still of interest.

• Administrators

1. Is it available for the standalone server / service yet (I saw some earlier posts on this)?

not yet

2. I assume you can use IIS for it as well?

yes.

3. We are currently using a product called Octagate Switch for handling several web applications and web services on a server using the same (standard) port and a single SSL certificate. E.g. our primary web app is reached directly through an URL like www.example.com, a second at www.example.com/App2, a web service at www.example.com/Service1 and so on, and Octagate redirects the traffic to the ports used internally on the server. Has anyone had experience with this product or something similar with uniGUI? A note: we might get around this issue and skip a tool like Octagate completely by instead using a newer multi-domain certificate and instead have a firewall redirect traffic on different IP addresses internally to this server and the ports in question, but the question is still of interest.

personally I haven't used this tool

not yet

Do you have any time frame for when SSL for standalone will be available (I saw a previous post where you predicted 0.86 or 0.87, but I guess it got postponed)? Although there are workarounds, this would still be a very important option in some installations for us.

personally I haven't used this tool

There is a good (not too long) explanation of how OctaGate works together with standalone web applications written in IntraWeb here. Is there something similar to URLBase for the uniGUI ServerModule? If not, that would be another feature request from us. There is a free trial for OctaGate, and if your interested in having your product working with Octagate, I'm sure the Octagate guys would be happy to assist.

• Administrators

Do you have any time frame for when SSL for standalone will be available (I saw a previous post where you predicted 0.86 or 0.87, but I guess it got postponed)? Although there are workarounds, this would still be a very important option in some installations for us.

Planned for version 0.90.0