How to show IBDatabase in UniDBGrid

Trainee

Hi I have an IBDatabase.

The table in it is called AANHEF and the column AANHEF.

On the dfm I have an IBDatabase, Datasource and a UniDBGrid with a UniDBGridColumn called aanhef.

How do I get the data from the table into the gridcolumn? I tried looking at the ADO and the ClientDataset tutorial but no luck there.

1 hour ago, Trainee said:

unfortunately I have to use an IBDatabase. There's no other one. The company has 20 year old legacy software.

Generally, it is not easy to convert an old VCL project to UNIGUI by a magic wand. There are certain rules to be observed in Unigui.
In my humble opinion, it would be better to develop a new project with unigui and with the right DB components like FireDac or IBDAC (Devart).

For that, you should practice a little on small projects.

Good Luck.

12 minutes ago, Abaksoft said:

Generally, it is not easy to convert an old VCL project to UNIGUI by a magic wand. There are certain rules to be observed in Unigui.
In my humble opinion, it would be better to develop a new project with unigui and with the right DB components like FireDac or IBDAC (Devart).

For that, you should practice a little on small projects.

Good Luck.

thanks. The AANHEF was indeed a test project to figure out how. So far the grid seems to be filling. But it loads all columns from the table. Now to figure out how to clear it and add columns dynamically. The main form should also change dynamically, i.e. change from a grid with invoices to for example bills. There will also be a container with edit fields. What I like about unigui is that there's a grid exporter for excel (hopefully that should make life a bit easier with one requirement, and replace a gridtableview (devexpress component)). The company wants this as a proof of concept, after which they'll likely purchase Unigui for about 8 or so developers, permitted they like what they see.