RDP4uniGUI - Projects for sale

Hi, I find this so much useful...!
But using the demo RDP4VCL I launched an old exe, which asked to allow changes to the computer, but then the mouse was like disabled.
Mouse was again functional when that exe was terminated.

immagine.png.a29bc68fcd7030e8bc430b0bd8248262.png

Also connetting to my Windows Server 2016 I get the desktop screen, but no mouse control at all...

You might use the free version. The original code is note mine and I would never charge for that. But the source code is not available for download and I made a lot of changes to get it working again.

Even the original repository, it is not working ! For 8  years now... no updates.

Is very useful, just change the logos and string in the HTML and have your business brand/style.

14 hours ago, Fred Montier said:

Link for what ?

First post is the link for the free version... all features.. nothing missing or time restrictions.

Hi Fred, 🙂
My request of details or links are related to those words:

"There are people here in Brasil doing this kind of stuff... soon will be a real alternative."
Sorry,

🙂

Hi Fred,

no problem for buy your (beautiful) components with source 🙂
I'm trying to figure out how to best use it.
I cannot use it for clients as a centralized server because it is not "multi-user" like Thinfinity VirtualUI. Ok, that's clear.
But I can use it for remote assistance or for monitoring. Or to work in smartworking.
For remote assistance or to work in smartworking, a file sharing (upload / download) is needed, as well as a proxy system to route traffic to the desired PC in the company network.
These are the first real problems that come to mind, if you really want to seriously use this product.
I like it so much.
Maybe others have asked for this too, right? 🙂
Either way, great job.

1 hour ago, Stemon63 said:

Hi Fred, 🙂
My request of details or links are related to those words:

"There are people here in Brasil doing this kind of stuff... soon will be a real alternative."
Sorry,

🙂

See BOSS, HORSE at GitHub Repositories and Hashload group at Telegram (in portuguese, sorry)
There is a related "web-ish" to horse framework that can generate a real pwa in Delphi.

BOSS is like npm for Delphi packages. Very useful !

9 minutes ago, Stemon63 said:

Hi Fred,

no problem for buy your (beautiful) components with source 🙂
I'm trying to figure out how to best use it.
I cannot use it for clients as a centralized server because it is not "multi-user" like Thinfinity VirtualUI. Ok, that's clear.
But I can use it for remote assistance or for monitoring. Or to work in smartworking.
For remote assistance or to work in smartworking, a file sharing (upload / download) is needed, as well as a proxy system to route traffic to the desired PC in the company network.
These are the first real problems that come to mind, if you really want to seriously use this product.
I like it so much.
Maybe others have asked for this too, right? 🙂
Either way, great job.

No... this is more for similar cases as noVNC/UIltraVNC/VNC2Me when you need to have a quick access to a specific server via browser. More like a support tool for you, not for your clients because they don't know what to do with it. I have like 10 CloudServers to different customers and always using Anydesk or noVNC. This is a free alternative right now. Since I always use FTPs, no need for Windows RDP. Windows RDP only allows 2 RDP sessions per license. Have to pay more to grant access for more users. IN this cenario they can run the same program in different remote sessions using the same DB. But is nota scalable solution. 

This IS NOT to "elevate" binaries app to run in/via a browser as Cybele does. Not even to  share the same app because they will use the same Windows Sessions. So, either you buy more Windows RDP license or use Cybele/similar tools to elevate your software to a multiuser environment in one go . But all those tools are paid options. None is free like in "free meal".

This is the subject that I had research for more than 10 years. Hence, uniGUI.

On 11/22/2021 at 1:10 PM, Stemon63 said:

Hi,

I already use TSplus, and it works well.
But all Active Directory management for RDP architecture for  use HTML5 web browser on client is heavy.
Thinfinity have a different way; you can also have an DLL for authentication and not use ONE windows session for every user. So you can avoid all related problems. But it have an high cost (You pay for concurrent users).
Best can be UNIGUI with similar features 🙂  🙂

... or rewrite all for the web 😞

All of those solutions are for legated software needing a little more time for use it via web. And only make sense when your charge montly fees and cover the costs.

Otherwise, is "recode"/migrate it in uniGUI, Intraweb or more radicial and expensive TMS WebCode solution.

Nop... don't have a WIN 2016 to try.

See:
1- Unigui is only used to start the internal indy server. VCL there is no uniGUI in the middle. Is the same as cybele demo.
2- The indy server is only used to manage direct the RDP session in another port defined by the admin.
3- From this on, is HTML and JS behind the scenes.,

Test with the noVNC and see the same happens.   Note that there is a button at the header bar,  left corner, that enables/disable remote control by mouse/keyboard.
Try scale, color definition to configure. Or yo ur server side screen configuration.

Again, this demo is EXACTLY the same at the Cybele repository at SourceForge. Just striped down some useless stuff  and recompiled. You can download the binary version from them. Download the original binary below.

If that does not work, not much you and I can do about it.

ThinVNC_1.0b1.zip

In a nutshell, you can run it just with a HTTP server with the WEB folder as root. Of course, with minor modifications to the JS code. As tha same as noVNC Web/JS version but needing more adjusts to JS code. They are almost the same projects.

The only scenario that I'm using it is where, with an uniGUI server, monitoring 8 remote windows servers with just a single click. Way faster than anydesk and more light-weight.

If is not your intention and anydesk or teamviewer is no problem, maybe this is not a good option since with those softwares they have more resources than a regular Windows RDP and much more than a RDP-ish via browser. Browser are limited.

See VNC2Me that maybe is a better solution since you can manage user groups and use proxy. But you MUST have client app and server app instaled to run it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

from an user question:
It will NOT create a remote session as Windows RDP does. Is more like TeamViewer or AnyDesk when all user see the same thing in the desktop. Although TW/AD can handle sessions, this is built in the Microsoft Server support to user server manager. 

In other words, you can't use as MULTI User platform to the same server. For this, you have Windows RDP already , and have to pay for the extra user support (as far as I know, and is limited to two user sessions).

Just download the free version. And yes, many user could access the same server at the same time. Is RDP-ish but more close to the famous VNC (or its variant noVNC) program. They will see the same thing in the same windows session and compete for the same resources (mouse, keyboard etc).

There is an user access control embedded in the project.

You can do all the same operation of noVNC and access the server, to do whatever you want. You can't copy/past direct between local and remote computer because it uses browser interface and is not allowed. That is the only limitation.

This is one of the apps I done in uniGUI that we use here in a daily bases on almost all the client server because when Microsoft RDP is limited to user number and this is also free. And Native NoVNC is way more complicated to install and configure.