RDP4uniGUI - Projects for sale

So, did we fall for the "it was free and now it's paid" scam with AnyDesk again? This is after TeamViewer has already done this.

Well, I already had a modest remote desktop solution that helped me for almost 10 years. But it needed configuration and software at both ends. ultrVNC, NoVNC and others have the same configuration and the WEB versions need Node.JS and/or a very complicated configuration to work correctly on the server.

This solution (named by me as RDP4uniGUI) is based on an old-time Cybele Software project that has evolved a lot in recent years with support for several RDP solutions. However, despite the original project being with several versions scattered on Github and Sourceforge, they all had problems in the source codes, missing sources with legacy material that doesn't work in recent versions of Delphi. As I felt "betrayed" by AnyDesk, I decided to combine the best with the best: Cybele's ThinVNC with the StandAlone uniGUI with several interesting functions.

I revised a lot to work and as well as the lightweight RDP with basic browser access functions. With this project, from any device (mobile also) you can access a server via RDP (despite the name, it doesn't use the VNC protocol) and do all the basic operations. You can easily adapt this project for VCL, Service and other things of interest to you. Performance is very good, consumes less resources than AnyDesk and TeamViewer, and the code is yours!

NOTE: For Brazilians who have broadband with blocked ports for incoming connections, this will not work ! Install a VPN on your connection or change providers. Direct access to RDP required, just as standard Windows RDP does not work on incoming connections (incoming).

Follow link below with more information and
acquisition.

https://www.unigui.com.br/rdp4unigui-eng.html

RDP4uniGUI.thumb.gif.a12e8d2819a9c85c860933e43142b513.gif

RDP4VCL.rar

Edited by Fred Montier
Text missing... add VCL free version updated
  • Like 2

Hi there

DID YOU REALLY READ THE WHOLE POST AND ARE FAMILIAR WITH ANYDESK, NOVNC, CYBELE SOFTWARE, ThinVNC, SERVER MONITORING ?

Every server admin needs a practical, fast and light-weight tool to access a server(or many). You might use a lot of tools: all paid or very complex to place in a new server like NoVNC Web/JS without deep knowledge about. With this solution, all you need is copy the uniGUI project in any place at your server and run it.

I can go on for day without programing or using Delphi. But every hour and then I have to access a server via any kind of RDP and tweak something, start or stop an APP of just see if there is nothing wrong going on with my client's apps running on then. If you don't have this need. THIS IS NOT FOR YOU ! Don't take it rough, just being direct to the point. And I don't want to pay monthly for every server or even waste hours configuring new ones.  Hence I use Anydesk ! It also has light-weight browser "clientless" solution.

RDP is not emulation or sharing screens, and if you know RDP from WebRTC you should see that right the way just looking at the video. That means you can control a remote computer ! Hence, you can use ANY app there, start, stop, delete etc, but VIA YOUR "FREAKING" BROWSER EMBEDDED AND CONTROLLED SESSION IN UNIGUI ! With user authentication ! If you mean a WHOLE RDP as new versions of RDP Windows Manager in Windows Servers or other complex solutions , of course is not the same.  What is the point when you have already that in the server pre-installed ? And if you use RDP Manager daily and had it already configured in your network, or use any other paid solution, you don't need this.  Congratulation, you're a server/network admin !

And what you can't understand by the video ? Don't you see mouse interaction with the desktop ?  The project is based in the ThinVNC by Cybele Softwares. If you know VNC or just Google it, you can have a pretty good "demo" already. Because they are  basically the same, EXCEPT that with VNC you need to install softwares at CLIENT and  SERVER-SIDE. Got it ? See the problem here ?

Cant you see the advantage of this is being "clientless" (meaning  just use ANY BROWSER) and were the base for all Cybele Softwares an VirtualUI platform that is a alternative solution to web apps base in windows binaries ? You, at least, "googled" what Cybele  Softwares has been doing ? Don't you know that their project Thinfinity VirtualUI came from this very code that is described on this post right at the start ? This is really gold !

And I stuck with this project for more than 8 years to make it work like that.  The "Thin" in ThinInfinity came from ThinVNC, their open-source project for more than 6 years on whats this code and project came from.

"Also: If you can manage to adapt this component to use same port as UniGUI (and connect thought it) and will be really useful."

My friend, what is use of that ? How in the world you should use a RDP via the same port ? What is the gain ? Are you running out of TCP ports in your servers ?  Is like having two radio stations using the same frequency ! And one very noisy and loud. The goal here is place the uniGUI app in any computer and and access via ANY COMPUTER, by any browser, even mobile, without prior CLIENT Software installation, Hence, "clientless".

Haven't you seen the start of the video where it connects via a uniGUI app ? Without unigui, that would not happen because the server is INSIDE unigui project. I can have other HTTPs server inside a uniGUI project, if you don't know that yet ! And using different TCP/IP ports !

Besides, is not a component, is a Indy Http server embedded, the same tech as uniGUI. The "same solution" is NoVNC WEB/JS Version without the hustle !

Since yesterday, I have received a lot of messages with absurd claims, put this, add that,  demand for improvement or even adaptation. Jesus... just to make it run and put together took me years and al versions you find in github and sourceforge are useless !  There is a whole software branch industry just dedicated to RDP and server monitoring. Get the info first and you guys will realize that this code is priceless. Not because of me, but because is from a project that is making millions, and USD millions !

Peace.

• Like 1

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
I really got surprised !

Please guys, read the post above carefully, google it, search the names mentioned, don't be lazy, get VNC, UltraVNC, RealVNC, NoVNC, AnyDesk, TeamViewer, whatever... get info about what is a RDP (the protocol and the apps) and what is Screen Sharing via WebRTC. Go to command prompt and type MSTSC [ENTER] ! Get started !

Screen Sharing via WebRTC is NOT RDP. You can access nothing via WebRTC (or even google API), just see the screen being broadcasted ! Get the facts straight BEFORE sending a message here or in the other groups. Download the VCL binary I posted here... is free ! Was abandoned 10 years ago !

I'm very pleased to respond to any question but, the feeling I got from this is that the majority don't know what RDP is, what are the alternatives or the industry behind it. Or maybe they are using RDP apps and don't know they are "RDP-ish" app.

If you never heard of it, maybe you don't need this at all ! Relax... "Fuggetaboutit" (with Joe Pesci voice)

Peace...

On 11/19/2021 at 7:56 PM, Fred Montier said:

How in the world you should use a RDP via the same port ?

Via content routing.

For example, we have a self written reverse proxy which can route multiple different connections (from different applications) through one open port.

That's tcp/ip, not http, but http<->tcp/ip encoders are pretty old news.

Ok man... do it like that ! Proxy is really more effective than a direct connection. Definition by the name. And uniGUI should start using multiserver binding the same port at the same IP. That would be "supper". Good performance adding another layer when you have thousands free to choose from.

Wonder why they don't this way and for what reason. But you should know better and I 'm talking BS.

FYI, RDP is a proprietary protocol from Microsoft. MS Only. Got it ? All other "RDP", are RDP-ish... only.

• Like 1

Hi Fred,
If I understand correctly, the rdp session is managed on the server and proxyed through Unigui HTML and not through the direct RDP connection via software from the client.
Thus no RDP ports need to be left open on the firewall.
My question is: how is it possible to transform this project, from an administrator control tool to a tool for making clients use applications (multi-user) exactly like Thinfinity does???  🙂
Then it would be really interesting to let large VCL applications be used remotely, for those who can't rewrite them in time in UNIGUI

Hi

To make VCL applications available through the browser, https://tsplus.net is a very good alternative.
I have used it myself for a number of years to make VCL applications available over the web via a large Delphi application.
You set up a portal within a domain (is part of) and make the application available. There are several  ways to
connect the user.

Just like ThinFinity it has several version...but it's more expensive the TsPlus...but it depends what you need.

See https://tsplus-remoteaccess.com/

(By the way...it's just a tip...it's not about which one is beter or not 😄 )

Hi,

I already use TSplus, and it works well.
But all Active Directory management for RDP architecture for  use HTML5 web browser on client is heavy.
Thinfinity have a different way; you can also have an DLL for authentication and not use ONE windows session for every user. So you can avoid all related problems. But it have an high cost (You pay for concurrent users).
Best can be UNIGUI with similar features 🙂  🙂

... or rewrite all for the web 😞

3 hours ago, Stemon63 said:

Hi Fred,
If I understand correctly, the rdp session is managed on the server and proxyed through Unigui HTML and not through the direct RDP connection via software from the clien

Thus no RDP ports need to be left open on the firewall.
My question is: how is it possible to transform this project, from an administrator control tool to a tool for making clients use applications (multi-user) exactly like Thinfinity does???  🙂
Then it would be really interesting to let large VCL applications be used remotely, for those who can't rewrite them in time in UNIGUI

No. is more like noVNC for web using ajax.. uniGUI is used to set the user password and other configs. Then the customized server starts. Is based in indy... very similar to uniGUI but should not user the same port and has no gains on that since only the server admin will see the uniGUI app  from his link but the user will see the HTML runing by the server from indy (or the old thin VNC format) in other link and port. This is better. And has the same features as noVCN for Web/JS posted in GitHub. 

There is nothing wrong with that (using two Https server in different ports).  The problem is configuring am original  noVNC web that runs better in an Apache in Linux.  I tried to make it run in uniGUI but realize there is no advantages on that. And use in this format makes more sense after all. If you guys could do it, congrats ! 

See the project VCL. Use in your remote server and personalize with your company logo at main page.

4 hours ago, mierlp said:

Hi

To make VCL applications available through the browser, https://tsplus.net is a very good alternative.
I have used it myself for a number of years to make VCL applications available over the web via a large Delphi application.
You set up a portal within a domain (is part of) and make the application available. There are several  ways to
connect the user.

Just like ThinFinity it has several version...but it's more expensive the TsPlus...but it depends what you need.

See https://tsplus-remoteaccess.com/

(By the way...it's just a tip...it's not about which one is beter or not 😄 )

I  have to see this but , what I mean is that cybele made this in 2009 and evolved to do exactly what you said. And more... the problems with this format are many and the last one, direct  printing, they solved in their recent versions. If your´re not following this kind of software, is really a hard nut to crack. NOt only MS has the bette, is deeply integrated to their OS. They will always has the advantage.  And now the MS is changing their Net framework that allow apps run directly from the cloud like a Node.JS app or flutter and other options.

Cybele made this 3 years ago: run direct app via browser.

And yes... is expensive.

See this is not the kind of project to grow. Their market is for old project that needs to run via web/Browser.  They know this will not scale but there are  lots of people trying to give an last breath to their work for more years.

I think is different from uniGUI solution.

Hi

TsPlus and Thinfinity It is ideal tooling for companies who want to make their Windows application available through the browser.
This eliminates the need for the customer to install anything locally. This is often the case with heavy GIS applications
for which a web application is not a good alternative. Or companies that are in transition to web to offer it to the
customer via browser and in the meantime migrate to a SAAS solution.

Web applications are not always feasible, especially when you use a lot of peripherals. Yes it can be done,
but not as easily as a Windows client.

Also Microsoft still supports ''RDP'' with there new Azure Virtual Desktop...it's more in the direction of
VDI from VMware

7 minutes ago, mierlp said:

Hi

TsPlus and Thinfinity It is ideal tooling for companies who want to make their Windows application available through the browser.
This eliminates the need for the customer to install anything locally. This is often the case with heavy GIS applications
for which a web application is not a good alternative. Or companies that are in transition to web to offer it to the
customer via browser and in the meantime migrate to a SAAS solution.

Web applications are not always feasible, especially when you use a lot of peripherals. Yes it can be done,
but not as easily as a Windows client.

Also Microsoft still supports ''RDP'' with there new Azure Virtual Desktop...it's more in the direction of
VDI from VMware

Yes.., you´re right. But keep in mind that MS soon will be rolling out their new .NET (will have a new name) to run apps, compiled or scripted , directly from the cloud and via web browser to compete with google that is doing the same.

So, the future is app running natively in web browser. Maybe some sort of SAAS or monthly plan.. of fucntion point execution. Don't know... but windows binary running locally has it days numbered.

You´re completely right. 

Even Cybele ThinInfinity has its days numbered !

• Like 1

Hi Fred.

I think you mean .NET 6 which will be extended with .NET MAUI. (What is .NET MAUI? - .NET MAUI | Microsoft Docs)
You can then write code - in a single project - that delivers a modern client app experience across desktop and
mobile operating systems. 

.NET 6 is an LTS (long term support) release and will be supported for about 3 years. Hope the uniGui roadmap will
be updated as well because it's lagging behind quite a bit

I am orienting myself to .NET and Blazor though, partly because there are many more third part components
compared to uniGUI and is already responsive by default. 

But then again...nothing is sacred. Every platform has its pros and cons...just depends on what you want to use it for.
For now I will make my Windows desktop applications in Delphi and my Event Management software in uniGui.
When that is ready we will look further

Don't know the name but it seams that whey will change the name, as demonstrated in the presentation video and was not supposed to be a .NET new version since it will not be backwards compatible.

Will run directly in the browser with local ports access (printer, usb etc) and from the cloud. As far as I understood... will be support by their cloud service only.

And should be release in 2022. But... is in youtube. Google promised almost the same stuff.

Hi

@stemon63: no matter which platform you go to you will probably have to start all over again. The advantage now of Delphi + uniGUI is
that you don't have to learn a 'new language/tool'. In addition, a big advantage now is that you can work visually, e.g. by placing the c
omponents on your forms. With most other languages you have to do everything based on code/hmtl/css.

Both Microsoft and Google are going to support more WebAssembly. You can see that with .Net6 and Blazor. Blazor has the ability to
develop server or client side applications for different platforms with the same code. With client-side, everything is in the local browser
which gives you more options to use local devices (I'm told). In the past e.g. a runtime library was used and now it is in the modern browsers.

What you actually get now is, -in my opinion, back to square one. Your browser becomes your 'operating system' where you run
applications, e.g. via WebAssembly. In fact nothing else than your Windows operating system with a VCL application/Windows program.

Windows applications will certainly remain and have great added value because you can't do everything with a web application.
E.g. the use of WebAssembly is an answer to that. Besides that you can develop for multiple platforms with one code-base.

Because the Windows legacy applications still have a large share you now also see solutions to stream Windows applications to
a desktop, so no RPD. Google is already further along with AppStream (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/appstream2/latest/developerguide/what-is-appstream.html) or Move over Windows, Linux apps can now stream to AWS AppStream 2.0 | Windows Central
This way you can continue to develop new Windows applications and make them available centrally through the browser.

Microsoft does this with App-V but je need a App-V client on you're machine

Hi,

@mierlp: In fact, most of my applications have to use visual development, because they manage tax forms and very complex layouts with data over images.
Impossible to make these applications in a non-visual environment. Unigui is a good compromise that allows you to recover all the logic and functions already written in delphi (business logic and data interface).
For the multi-platform there is to consider, at this point, also TMS Web core, which has the visual environment of Delphi for the forms (and also Visual Studio). They have PWA and Miletus for other devices-OS.
But Unigui remains the most comfortable and intuitive way for Delphi developers.
I'll take a look at AppStream, thanks.