Form Resize containing UniDBGrid

edbuescher

I have a secondary (not main) form that contains a UniDBGrid with align=alClient. The form RESIZE only works if the Grid has less than 50 records displaying, or 49 records plus a summary record.

If 50 or more records are being displayed in the grid, then  I can resize the form ONCE, but the grid inside the form will not resize.  This happens whether or not the grid is "paged." If I then close the form, but don't exit the session, then when I try to open the form again it does not render properly, but just shows a "blue" colored blank form.

I'm trying to display 350 records, which works fine as long as I don't resize the form. If I filter a column to only show <50 records, the resize works, so the issue has to do with how many records are being displayed, not how many total records there are in the underlying dataset.

One strange issue is that even though I am not using the "paging" feature of the grid, when I change the PageSize to something greater than 25, then I can resize the form when there are 50 records being displayed, but it still fails when displaying a few more than 50.

I am on V 1.90.0.1554

Thanks for any help

19 hours ago, edbuescher said:

I have a secondary (not main) form that contains a UniDBGrid with align=alClient. The form RESIZE only works if the Grid has less than 50 records displaying, or 49 records plus a summary record.

If 50 or more records are being displayed in the grid, then  I can resize the form ONCE, but the grid inside the form will not resize.  This happens whether or not the grid is "paged." If I then close the form, but don't exit the session, then when I try to open the form again it does not render properly, but just shows a "blue" colored blank form.

I'm trying to display 350 records, which works fine as long as I don't resize the form. If I filter a column to only show <50 records, the resize works, so the issue has to do with how many records are being displayed, not how many total records there are in the underlying dataset.

One strange issue is that even though I am not using the "paging" feature of the grid, when I change the PageSize to something greater than 25, then I can resize the form when there are 50 records being displayed, but it still fails when displaying a few more than 50.

Hello,

Could you create a test project to understand what's not working?

20 hours ago, edbuescher said:

I am on V 1.90.0.1554

Thanks for any help

Hello,

On topics related to alignment, you can find this advice :

With unigui, don't use the classical VCL Alignment. Use instead the new layout :

ServerModule: MainFormDisplayMode:= mfPage

Mainform > ClientAligment

6 minutes ago, edbuescher said:

When I wrote a small test app I couldn't duplicate the problem, so to fix the issue, I rebuilt my form and the issue "mostly" went away. By "mostly" I mean that every once in a while I see the same behaviour but it's very random.

What browser are you using?
Can you test on other browsers as well?