License clarifications

Giuseppe71

Hi to all,

I am a delphi programmer who works in a software development company, our company, in addition to many single software, has created a platform that offers different services written in java using a library other than UniGui, now they have asked me to create a functionality link to the platform but which can be easily independent from the graphical point of view and since I am an excellent programmer from Delhi I had thought of using UNIGUI to realize what they asked me, but reading the license I saw that perhaps this thing is not possible

YOU MAY NOT:
v) Use or distribute the included OEM Ext JS (Sencha Touch) library in other projects which are not created
using uniGUI framework;

So I HAVE to give up ???
Please let me know if I can start collaborating with you and what kind of license we can buy to realize what I have described to you ..

Hoping to become your user and to spread UNIGUI in my company, I greet you and wish you all the best.

Regards

Giuseppe Pizza

ACCA Software

www.accasoftware.com

You can distribut the ext-js runtime bundled with your Delphi unigui app.

The license doesn't allow you to use the ext-js to develop application solely developed by ext-js but not unigui and disturbed them

As far as you use unigui, there's no problem with using ext-js bundled with it.

Hope it clear now.

Ok, now everything is clear, I will give directions to the purchasing office to get a full license, so I will immediately get to work.

In the future, I will definitely trouble you again to ask for help in case of need.

Hi and Good luck to all the team...

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, fabiorov said:

Can I sell a web application (The distribution files will be: executable developed with UNIGUI + Unigui runtime) without any problem ?

Hello,

Yes.

2. GRANT OF LICENSE AND SCOPE OF USE.

BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING OR USING THIS SOFTWARE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, PLEASE DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL OR USE THIS PRODUCT.

Definitions

Software: Any portion of the uniGUI Library or portion of the bundled OEM Sencha Ext JS (Sencha Touch) library. This includes all distributed files as a part of uniGUI package. Including but not limited to source files (PAS, JS, ...), binary files (DCU, OBJ, ...), resource files, help files, documents and etc.

Modifications: Any portion of Software which is modified by you.

YOU MAY,

i) Use this Software to create Delphi/C++ Builder Projects for purpose of developing end-user consumer software tools and products only.

ii) Distribute compiled binaries to remote servers.

iii) Install uniGUI runtime package on remote servers.

Following restrictions apply,

YOU MAY NOT:

i) Create derivative library, Framework or similar  tools or products based on Software which can be in competition with original product;

ii) Sell, license, assign or publish the Software or Modifications or parts of it;

iii) Alter, translate, decompile, or attempt to reverse engineer the Software;

iv) Remove or alter any proprietary notices, copyright notice, nag message, license text, logos or trademarks on the Software;

v) Use or distribute the included OEM Ext JS (Sencha Touch) library in other projects which are not created using uniGUI framework;

vi) Distribute library units (DCU files), source files (JS, PAS files) or any other resources or documents;

vii) You may not redistribute the Software or Modifications as part of any application that can be described as a development toolkit or library, a report builder, an application builder, a website builder or any application that is intended for use by software, application, or website developers or designers. You may not redistribute any part of the Software documentation. You may not change or remove the copyright notice from any of the files included in the Software or Modifications. (See Definitions above)