Font changed when published

wjjw

Hello,

I have one portal which I developed with Delphi 10.4 and uniGUI 1.90.0.1534.
It works and looks same like on my development machine.

Now I switched to Delphi 11 and uniGUI 1.90.0.1552.
Not sure what is the problem but on some components the font is different.
This not correct handled components are for example TUniButton, TUniEdit, TUniLabel, TUniComboBox (but only label and selected value, list values when you open it is OK).
Working components are for example TUniPageControl, TUniTreeViewMenu.

See in the attachment one screen with correct and not correct font example.

What I tested was also different themes - colors are changing, but font issue is the same on all themes.

screen1.png

12 hours ago, wjjw said:

Hello,

I have one portal which I developed with Delphi 10.4 and uniGUI 1.90.0.1534.
It works and looks same like on my development machine.

Now I switched to Delphi 11 and uniGUI 1.90.0.1552.
Not sure what is the problem but on some components the font is different.
This not correct handled components are for example TUniButton, TUniEdit, TUniLabel, TUniComboBox (but only label and selected value, list values when you open it is OK).
Working components are for example TUniPageControl, TUniTreeViewMenu.

See in the attachment one screen with correct and not correct font example.

What I tested was also different themes - colors are changing, but font issue is the same on all themes.

screen1.png

One of the new features in Delphi 11 is high Dpi for 4K screen.

Maybe you have to start your bds.exe without high dpi.

On your shortcut "Delphi 11"

...bds.exe" "/highdpi:unaware" "-pDelphi"

Hello,

looks like issue is the font name - it's new one in Delphi "Segoe UI".
It is installed on the server and even on the workstation - still it does not show it correctly (looks like "Times New Roman").
Even when I set the font name manually in the code - it still looks wrong. It should more like look "Arial". If I set the font to "Arial" - this works just fine.

I also tried to set the default font in the application to "Arial" - still not working. Looks like I have change the font name for all components in the portal.. 😕

Nobody else have similar issues?

2 hours ago, wilton_rad said:

Could you share how you use google fonts?

use in TUniServerModule.UniGUIServerModuleBeforeInit

Sample:

UniAddCSSLibrary('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto', True, [upoAsync, upoPlatformBoth]);

Hello again,

main question was why "some" font not showing correctly.
In specific the new standard font from Delphi 11 - "Segoe UI". The Delphi 10 standard font "Tahoma" is still looking fine.
Can you confirm that this font "Segoe UI" is shown correctly on your uniGUI projects?

/Werner

3 hours ago, wjjw said:

Hello again,

main question was why "some" font not showing correctly.
In specific the new standard font from Delphi 11 - "Segoe UI". The Delphi 10 standard font "Tahoma" is still looking fine.
Can you confirm that this font "Segoe UI" is shown correctly on your uniGUI projects?

/Werner

Yes the fonts are being displayed correctly.

In the latest version of Delphi (11 Alexandria):
https://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Alexandria/en/What's_New 
image.png.9c9d124dd75f339d24bb1a614d2de194.png

Changed the default font to Segoe UI, ie all fields in your system where you have not defined a font (be it the default font) The Delphi IDE will change everything to Segoe UI.

If your browser is not displaying the font correctly, you probably don't have this font on your machine. So one of the solutions is to load your font as I mentioned before without depending on the local font.

Delphi 11 and uniGUI 1.90.1552
https://store.falconsistemas.com.br 
image.thumb.png.1859e56dcd7fbead8f7d98f788a2a772.png

What operating system are you using, on this machine where the fonts are diverging?

On 11/2/2021 at 1:23 PM, Marlon Nardi said:

Changed the default font to Segoe UI, ie all fields in your system where you have not defined a font (be it the default font) The Delphi IDE will change everything to Segoe UI.

If your browser is not displaying the font correctly, you probably don't have this font on your machine. So one of the solutions is to load your font as I mentioned before without depending on the local font.

What operating system are you using, on this machine where the fonts are diverging?

Hello,

when I open your homepage font is NOT correctly shown. It's only correct when you have the font installed on your machine. When you open it on macOS or iOS the font is also broken on your page.

7 hours ago, stevehodges said:

Same problem on Delphi 11 and 1.90.0.1555 what was the final solution? I have the issue in the treeviews and grids

Hello,

what I did - I replaced all the "Segoe UI" fonts on the form with the Delphi 10.x default font "Tahoma".
Now it looks again fine - on all platforms.

Best way to do it fast is to open the form in a text-editor (e.g. Notepad++) and replace all the font names at once. 😉
Recompile the application and deploy it - everything fine now. Still a "workaround".

Not sure what was done in the 1.90.0.1555 release - I see that there is a line in the change log with: [UNG-3283] - Delphi 11 default font issues.

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2021 at 1:23 PM, Marlon Nardi said:

Forgot the screenshot.

wrong_font.png