TUniFormattedNumberEdit: Is it possible to format the number as would the format string #0.00## ?

Roberto Nicchi

Hello,

i'm wondering if is possible to set a TUniFormattedNumberEdit object so that it displays the number formatted with 2 decimals (for example) but it allows to insert more decimals (for example 4). Of course if more decimals than two are inserted than all the decimals must be visible. In other words the effect should be that same than the #0.00## display format string.

If it's not possible you could add this as a request for future implementation. Myabe adding a new property to indicate the minimum decimals to format. In my example DecimalPrecision=4 and new property FormatPrecision=2

Thanks

1 hour ago, Roberto Nicchi said:

i'm wondering if is possible to set a TUniFormattedNumberEdit object so that it displays the number formatted with 2 decimals (for example) but it allows to insert more decimals (for example 4). Of course if more decimals than two are inserted than all the decimals must be visible. In other words the effect should be that same than the #0.00## display format string.

If it's not possible you could add this as a request for future implementation. Myabe adding a new property to indicate the minimum decimals to format. In my example DecimalPrecision=4 and new property FormatPrecision=2

Hello,

Will this option suit you?

procedure TMainForm.UniFormCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin
  with UniFormattedNumberEdit1 do
    JSInterface.JSCall('updateNumericFormat', [JSControl.JSObject('aPad:false, aSep: "'+ ThousandSeparator +'", aDec: "'+ DecimalSeparator +'", mDec:' + DecimalPrecision.ToString)]);
end;

15 hours ago, Sherzod said:

Hello,

Will this option suit you?

procedure TMainForm.UniFormCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin
  with UniFormattedNumberEdit1 do
    JSInterface.JSCall('updateNumericFormat', [JSControl.JSObject('aPad:false, aSep: "'+ ThousandSeparator +'", aDec: "'+ DecimalSeparator +'", mDec:' + DecimalPrecision.ToString)]);
end;

Hello, with this code the value is not formatted at all. It behaves similar to the TuniNumericEdit class.

Don't know if is your code not working or i didn't exaplain well enough. I try with an example:

If the value is 10 the displayed value must me 10.00 ( i want minimal 2 digits)

If the Value is 10.1 the displayed value must me 10.10

If the Value is 10.123 the displayed value must me 10.123

Anyway the user can't insert a value with more than 4 decimals (DecimalPrecision=4) So if the number of decimals are less than 2 i would like to format the value with 2 decimals. If the decimals are more than 2 the value should not be formatted in the decimal part.

thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...