How To Access A UniGUi Application Using A Public IP Address?

Frederick

I have a public IP address of say, 210.209.123.182 and my UniGUI application runs on port 8077.

From my phone, I can ping the IP address but when I type http://210.209.123.182:8077 in the phone's browser, it will not connect.

I have turned off all firewalls and even allow incoming access to port 8077 in Windows Defender Firewall but there is no change.

What am I missing here?

Note: Connecting locally using the network IP address works fine.

--
Frederick
(UniGUI Complete - Professional Edition 1.90.0.1552)

19 minutes ago, Frederick said:

I have a public IP address of say, 210.209.123.182 and my UniGUI application runs on port 8077.

From my phone, I can ping the IP address but when I type http://210.209.123.182:8077 in the phone's browser, it will not connect.

I have turned off all firewalls and even allow incoming access to port 8077 in Windows Defender Firewall but there is no change.

What am I missing here?

Note: Connecting locally using the network IP address works fine.

--
Frederick
(UniGUI Complete - Professional Edition 1.90.0.1552)

hello, You have to set all routers and redirect port 8077 to ip addres of Pc where unigui is.

4 minutes ago, irigsoft said:

hello, You have to set all routers and redirect port 8077 to ip addres of Pc where unigui is.

The IP address of the PC refers to the network IP address?

Interestingly, if the UniGUI application is hosted with IIS, this does not need to be done. Do I need to do this for standalone and service UniGUI applications?

33 minutes ago, Frederick said:

The IP address of the PC refers to the network IP address?

Interestingly, if the UniGUI application is hosted with IIS, this does not need to be done. Do I need to do this for standalone and service UniGUI applications?

Not exactly.

In my case StandAlone or Service:

I have external IP adres like Your: 65.14.25.63 but I have two routers so:

1. first router (ip is : 192.168.52.1) is internet router: I redirect port 8077 to secont router

2. on second router (ip is : 192.168.52.100), I redirect port 8077 to PC (IP is 192.169.1.100) where uniGui is

so configuration is out to in:

Client PC - > external IP:8077 (65.14.25.63:8077) -> first router (192.168.52.1:8077) -> second router (192.168.52.100:8077) -> Server PC (192.169.1.100:8077)

If you use the local intranet and have a router between the computers, redirecting port 8077 to the uniGui computer is sufficient.

hi,

I have deferent scenario to add to irigsoft post,

I got  2 external Ip address from the service provider.

First Ip Address say 65.14.25.63 this is the router address. 

and 2nd is 65.14.25.64 this is used at the domain name hosting (GoDaddy for example ) DNS settings to point to the application server

the service provider will route(redirect) any requests coming to the application server to your router address (63)  )

I think this next step is what missing for you >>

You have to configure the router to route(redirect) any requested coming for IP(64) to your application server internal IP address (192.168.100.5)  for example

Note: this setup running the 2 applications on IIS hosting .

Thank you all for the information.

I managed to access the application using the public IP address by port forwarding the port number in the router to the local IP address of my computer.

In addition, since I had two firewalls running, I had to create incoming rules for both firewalls to allow access to the TCP port number.

FYI: Some  home users using some Internet access providers won't allow connections started by outside IPs.  Ex. Brazil ! Some Asian countries and a lot South Americans do the same. Don't know about NA, EU etc.

Here in Brasil, this is to force clients to pay more for dual access direct port to a particular IP and avoid home user smtp server at early 2000 and combat spam. 
Even if you configure you your NAT router... only socket "udp negotiation" will work.  Can't run any Http/s server, ftp or SMTP. But if you pay a little more, presto !

9 hours ago, Fred Montier said:

FYI: Some  home users using some Internet access providers won't allow connections started by outside IPs.  Ex. Brazil ! 

Hello,

Did you set your DMZ router ?

http://forums.unigui.com/index.php?/topic/12503-recommendations-for-hosting/&do=findComment&comment=66579

http://forums.unigui.com/index.php?/topic/12503-recommendations-for-hosting/&do=findComment&comment=79419