How to show the user a specific line of TUniListBox?

Tokay

I've tried two methods found on the forum:

with UniListBox1 do
  JSInterface.JSCall('boundList.getSelectedNodes()[' + ItemIndex.ToString + '].scrollIntoView', [True]);

with UniListBox1 do
  JSInterface.JSCall('boundList.getSelectedNodes()[' + ItemIndex.ToString + '].scrollIntoViewIfNeeded', [True]);

or just 'getSelectedNodes()[0].scrollIntoView'

I always get the same error:

JS Error: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'scrollIntoViewIfNeeded')

UniListBox1.ItemIndex := 0;
with UniListBox1 do
 if ItemIndex <> -1 then
  JSInterface.JSCall('boundList.getSelectedNodes()[0].scrollIntoViewIfNeeded', [True]);

Ok, I've change code to this one. And issue still exists : JS Error: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'scrollIntoViewIfNeeded')

What I'm missing?

41 minutes ago, Tokay said:

test case.7z 54.83 kB · 0 downloads

Please read the above post, I have already given you a solution.

7 hours ago, Sherzod said:

Or add this client event:

function afterCreate(sender)
{
    var list = sender.boundList;
    list.on('select', function(){list.getSelectedNodes()[0].scrollIntoViewIfNeeded()});
}

procedure TMainForm.UniTimer1Timer(Sender: TObject);
begin
 UniListBox1.ItemIndex := 0;
 //with UniListBox1 do
  //if ItemIndex <> -1 then
   //JSInterface.JSCall('boundList.getSelectedNodes()[0].scrollIntoViewIfNeeded', [True]);
end;

Hmm. This is only the test case. In the real case I need to show the currently selected line, and this line is not the zero line:

with UniListBox1 do
  JSInterface.JSCall('boundList.getSelectedNodes()[' + ItemIndex.ToString + '].scrollIntoView', [True]);

with UniListBox1 do
  JSInterface.JSCall('boundList.getSelectedNodes()[' + ItemIndex.ToString + '].scrollIntoViewIfNeeded', [True]);

9 hours ago, Tokay said:

This is only the test case. In the real case I need to show the currently selected line, and this line is not the zero line:

it seems we don't understand each other! 

You are still using this code:

9 hours ago, Tokay said:

with UniListBox1 do

Do not use it, instead, use what I gave you:

19 hours ago, Sherzod said:

Or add this client event:

function afterCreate(sender)
{
    var list = sender.boundList;
    list.on('select', function(){list.getSelectedNodes()[0].scrollIntoViewIfNeeded()});
}

Ok. It starts well, no problem. But after I, for example, scroll UniListBox1 to the first line, and it does not returns bak automatically as needed to the neded 50 position. And it's logical: the Timer does not execute any code.

I repeat: whatever user or code do with UniListBox1 is needed to maximally show 50 line for the user as possible until form closed.

9 hours ago, Tokay said:

It starts well, no problem. But after I, for example, scroll UniListBox1 to the first line, and it does not returns bak automatically as needed to the neded 50 position. And it's logical: the Timer does not execute any code.

I repeat: whatever user or code do with UniListBox1 is needed to maximally show 50 line for the user as possible until form closed.

Okay.

I think mistake in the code was that you specified the ItemIndex of the selected row (UniListBox1). That's not so.

Should always be zero. 

procedure TMainForm.UniTimer1Timer(Sender: TObject);
begin
 with UniListBox1 do
  if ItemIndex <> -1 then
   JSInterface.JSCall('boundList.getSelectedNodes()[0].scrollIntoViewIfNeeded', [True]);
end;

• 3 months later...
On 9/28/2021 at 8:26 AM, Sherzod said:

Подскажите, как прокрутить программно список TUniListBox до нужной или до выбранной строки?

Этот код у меня не работает.

Идея такая. На форме лежит отсортированный TUniListBox, пользователь добавляет строку и нужно до нее прокрутить автоматически.

Сразу после добавления строки.

Но... я взял пример выше и добавил кнопку и код

procedure TMainForm.UniButton1Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
 with UniListBox1 do
  if ItemIndex <> -1 then
   JSInterface.JSCall('boundList.getSelectedNodes()[50].scrollIntoViewIfNeeded', [True]);
end;

нажимаю ее и ничего не происходит

Screenshot_6.jpg