Multi timezone application

rencarnacion

3 hours ago, rencarnacion said:

How  can I control the Time zone in my application?, example the time zone in my country is GMT-4, but I clients from  in USA and Europe with different time zone

Hello, why do you need this?

What data will you change according to the time zone?

1 minute ago, rencarnacion said:

If I have a customer in China the make the invoice for example the time will not be Chinese will be the time of our servers in USA

I think you should let the user specify the timezone in the program settings, and then take into account the time zone difference.

you must have a parameter in your application that indicates the time zone difference in relation to the server time, based on this difference, in every data inclusion for date fields you will have to add the current time (server) with this parameter, which can be negative or positive, and very likely that you will have to review all your forms, and where it is necessary to update dates..

another way would be through triggers in your database, which would make this adjustment automatically on inclusion or change.

you could create a generic function in delphi that fetches the date time and adds it to that parameter, and use this function in all fields that need to write date, or date + time

if the situation exists that your china customer traveled to the US, in this scenario, would your system have to adopt local time, or china time? if it's local time, then in that case you should use the javascript function that will capture the browser's local time...

• Thanks 1