Wish list...

Stemon63

Example link:

http://demos.kendoui.com/web/grid/virtualization-remote-data.html

Hi,

this is a link of data virtualization that I want to see in UniGui DBgrid... and in DBlookupCombos editors

I have always talked on this (desktop- web2) features instead paging (old web).

Please tell me if there are possibilities to develope those advances features...

Thanks in advance.

Stefano

Do you know you can easily use this component inside uniGui app? The only "hard" thing to do is to build some separate RESTful data-providing service with Delphi's WebBroker component.

Or wait until Farshad will provide a possibility to create JSON/XML endpoints inside UniGui mapped to defined url.

UniGui is based on ExtJS. If ExtJS doesn't have this feature then we are out of luck.

• Administrators

Example link:

http://demos.kendoui...emote-data.html

Hi,

this is a link of data virtualization that I want to see in UniGui DBgrid... and in DBlookupCombos editors

I have always talked on this (desktop- web2) features instead paging (old web).

Please tell me if there are possibilities to develope those advances features...

Thanks in advance.

Stefano

As Zilav said, uniGUI will only supports functionality that is already implemented in Ext JS. Sometimes we may extend and improve some of the Ext JS components but it is limited.

Does Ext JS 3 or 4 support this feature?

As far as I know Ext JS 3 doesnt.

Does Ext JS 3 or 4 support this feature?

Found this while searching:

Virtual Scrolling

The Ext 4 grid now natively supports buffering its data during rendering, providing a virtual, load-on-demand view of its data. Grids will now easily support hundreds or even thousands of records without paging, which will be a massive improvement over Ext 3′s grid capabilities.

So it would be really nice if unigui can move to extjs4 sooner than later. The grid and db applications are the main targets of unigui, and I noticed that people coming from desktop simply don't percieve the concept of paging when viewing data. They are ok with paging when on google because its a web page, but uni apps (un)fortunately look and feel like ordinary desktop which doesn't associate with pages.

I swear 50% of issues coming from my clients are a "loss" of data, they can't find the records because of pagination. They simply forget about it every time. To tell the truth it happens with me sometimes too.

Hi Zilav, I agree with you.

My need is to avoid paging and move to virtualization; So users are happy with UI, like using "desktop".

Virtualization grids can works naturally in IPad, IPhone, and all "Smartphone like" UI. Paging, I think, no..

This can be a big improvement (as DBlookup virtualization with autocomplete on searches)..

Thanks!

Stefano