unigui run external applications

gpaulino

I'm trying to run an external application of unigui and this I run the application on the server but not from the remote pc.

what I need is to run an application on any client pc that I open in the same pc client and do not open on the server.

I can help with this please .....

If such a thing was possible there would be no need for a framework like uniGUI, as you could run any application on any remote PC.

if not possible or not but it's going Farshad Mohajeri friend, and not how to fix it I've tried everything I put normal code I'm using some of them good.

ShellExecute (Handle, 'Open', PChar ('iexplorer'), nil, nil, SW_SHOW);

when I run it instead of open up the explorer of the PC client visualize where my application made ​​unigui, the explorer opens my server I am working with windows 7 and XP.

• Upvote 1

ok, I have my application mounted on a network, go to one of the pc that are in the network and entered by the browser to the application, I have a button on it which when I give I should click a file call. bat and run it, clear the archivo.bat this in all client pc in a specific route. according to my web application logic should seek the path where the client PC and run it, but instead the application is what you do I run this remotely on the server to server and when I see the open archivo.bat .

I need that I run which is in the client PC and not found in the server ..

muchasimas thanks beforehand

I was trying to say that it is not possible. You can't run a server executable on client.

What do you exactly want to achieve by doing this?

ok, I have my application mounted on a network, go to one of the pc that are in the network and entered by the browser to the application, I have a button on it which when I give I should click a file call. bat and run it, clear the archivo.bat this in all client pc in a specific route. according to my web application logic should seek the path where the client PC and run it, but instead the application is what you do I run this remotely on the server to server and when I see the open archivo.bat .

Create a .bat or .cmd file with you executable's name to run and probably fullpath (if you dont have it in PATH), save it in ServerModule.LocalCache folder, and provide a link to download it. After that on client you can click and download that bat and run it, just be sure you have required exe locally on client.

Create a .bat or .cmd file with you executable's name to run and probably fullpath (if you dont have it in PATH), save it in ServerModule.LocalCache folder, and provide a link to download it. After that on client you can click and download that bat and run it, just be sure you have required exe locally on client.

I try so also guiding me an example that brings unigui, called the DownloadDemo and still download it but I siguie opening the server.

you must provide a link, in a label, then user must be click, and download & execute downloaded application.

Var s:string
Begin
 s := ServerModule.LocalCache + 'Myfile.exe';
 UniLabel12.Caption := '<a href="'+s+'" target=_blank>Download File</a>';
End;

another solution is creating an activex, embedded on an html, and load it on an uniurlframe, but this only work on iexplorer.

• Administrators

Browser doesn't allow you to run an external batch file. This will open door to all sort of security issues.

Browsers can never access the client file system!

This is a deliberate browser limitation (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, doesn't matter which browser) to ensure client security.

As others have suggested, you can make files available for download, but it is the users choice to download the file, by clicking on it and saving it and the user has to manually double click the file to execute it afterwards. It is impossible to automate this from the server code.

• Upvote 1