Separate uniGUI application and database server

Tenare

I am using Delphi SYDNEY 10.4 Professional and uniGUI Complete - Professional Edition.

I would like to separate the uniGUI application and the MariaDB database. The database should be on a different computer in the local corporate network than the uniGUI application. FireDAC built into Delphi Professional only supports localhost, does not support remote and client-server data sources.

What's the best way to get there?
What other technologies and components (free or paid) can I use to make them work with uniGUI?
Note that I will not buy Delphi Enterprise or Architect. They are absurdly too expensive ...

Thank you for your response.

12 minutes ago, Tenare said:

I am using Delphi SYDNEY 10.4 Professional and uniGUI Complete - Professional Edition.

I would like to separate the uniGUI application and the MariaDB database. The database should be on a different computer in the local corporate network than the uniGUI application. FireDAC built into Delphi Professional only supports localhost, does not support remote and client-server data sources.

What's the best way to get there?
What other technologies and components (free or paid) can I use to make them work with uniGUI?
Note that I will not buy Delphi Enterprise or Architect. They are absurdly too expensive ...

Thank you for your response.

Hi, you may want to consider an API model.

One uniGui application to send a request to other uniGui application (database server) using JSON, XML or other methods to obtain data from the database. 

7 minutes ago, irigsoft said:

Hi, you may want to consider an API model.

One uniGui application to send a request to other uniGui application (database server) using JSON, XML or other methods to obtain data from the database. 

It seems too complicated.

I'd like to replace FireDAC with something similar that would work well with uniGUI and Delphi 10.4 Professional and support client-server database.