2 applications deployment proplem

M.Ammar

Hi 

I have a problem deploying 2 application on the same server,

first application is deployed on IIS with hyperserver as App1.dll configuration is set to port 8088 with correct binary_name=App1.exe   (Working Fine)

2nd application if I deploy as a stand alone (in another folder) set to port 8099 I can access with no issue (Working Fine),

But if I deploy as stand alone with hyper_server.exe with correct binary_name=App2.exe  the 2 application interfere with each other and open one of them randomly as in attached video

what did I do wrong?

Best Regards

hi,

I created  a new website on IIS with separate Application pool, stopped all stand alone application 

I have now

2 websites each have different application pools

2 different domain names

2 different folder

2 different application ports

I still have the interference issue with the 2 application, it is now less occurring but it is happening on both domain names

any help will be appreciated

regards

6 minutes ago, Mehmet Emin said:

I don't use hyperserver but use similarly multiple app pools on the same IIS server.

So do you mean you are getting this issue only when run with hyperserver? Does apps interfere without hyperserver?

Thank you for reply

I have tested 3 cases

1-  app1.exe IIS with HyperServer.dll / app2.exe Stand Alone >> No interfere 

2- app1.exe  IIS with HyperServer.dll / app2.exe Stand Alone with hyperserver.exe  >> interfere 

3- app1.exe  IIS with HyperServer.dll / app2.exe IIS - hyperserver.dll  >> interfere 

I am not sure if the problem from IIS Setup or Hyperserver config but I think it is the first because hyperserver config has nothing to it except binary_name and port no 

regards

1 hour ago, Mehmet Emin said:

I don't use hyperserver but use similarly multiple app pools on the same IIS server.

So do you mean you are getting this issue only when run with hyperserver? Does apps interfere without hyperserver?

I have tested now the 4 case and you are correct

4- app1.exe  IIS with HyperServer.dll / app2.dll UNIGUI_ISAPI with IIS no hyperserver >> no interfere 

the problem is defiantly regarding 2 hyperserver running on the same IIS server

anyone else have this setup faced smiler issue? or just me?

regards

7 minutes ago, Mehmet Emin said:

I was about to try similar deployment but after reading your post I will wait..

Are your hyperserver.dll's named differently like hyperserver1.dll and hyperserver2.dll and with their own configs.

yes each is renamed to application name means rename hyperserver >> App1.dll and App2.dll also cnfg files same

if you tried please let me know the result i am running one on hyper server with no issue

regards

@M.Ammar

This is from Hyperserver documentation. Did you consider these notes?

If you plan to run more than one instance of HyperServer on same OS then port numbers should be arranged in a way that they won't conflict with each other. You must ensure that all Nodes will be assigned unique port numbers. This can be easily done by leaving port gaps for each HyperServer instance. It can be calculated using below formula:

<start_port for new HyperServer instance> = <start_port of previous HyperServer instance> + ( <max_nodes of previous HyperServer instance> × 3 ) + 8 

Consider that you plan to install three HyperServer instances on same server. Instances are configured with max_nodes parameters of 8, 16 and 16 respectively.

For 1st instance start_port is configured as 16384 ( or any other desired value )

For 2nd instance start_port should be configured as 16384 + ( 8×3 + 8 ) = 16416

For 3rd instance start_port should be configured as 16416 + ( 16×3 + 8 ) = 16472

• Like 1