Setting TabStop To True During Runtime Has No Effect

Frederick

I have three controls that have their TabStop properties set to False at design time. When I set the TabStop properties to True at runtime, I cannot tab from control to control.

Is this a bug?

Interestingly, if the TabStop properties are True at design time and I set the TabStop properties to False at runtime, the behaviour is correct, in that I cannot tab from control to control.

P.S.    I have attached the testcase.

--
Frederick
(UniGUI Complete - Professional Edition 1.90.0.1549)

tabruntime.zip

• 9 months later...

What is the status of this report? I am now using UniGUI 1.90.0.1558 and setting TabStop to False in the OnShow event during runtime still does not result in the control being bypassed when I press ENTER to move from control to control.

If I set the control to False at design time, the behaviour of bypassing the control is correct.

• 5 months later...
On 8/5/2022 at 12:09 PM, Frederick said:

I am using version 1.90.0.1562 and this suggestion that used to work before no longer does.

Please confirm this.

Hello,

I don't understand what is not working for you. The test case does not give a complete picture of what is not working. Please check again.

6 hours ago, Sherzod said:

Hello,

I don't understand what is not working for you. The test case does not give a complete picture of what is not working. Please check again.

I have created a simpler project. All four controls have their TabStop properties disabled at design time.

In the OnReady event of the form, I enabled the TabStop properties for all controls.

When I try to tab from control to control during runtime, nothing happens.

tabruntime.7z

6 hours ago, Sherzod said:

Okay. Confirmed.

But why do you need such a case. For now, you can set this at designtime, and optionally set it to false/true at runtime.

I have 3 users who are not allowed to edit fields and 1 user who is allowed. At design time, I set all fields to ReadOnly:=True and TabStop:=False. When the 1 user who is allowed to edit the fields logs in, I set the fields to ReadOnly:=False and TabStop:=True.

As you have tested, setting the TabStop:=True at runtime does not work.

6 hours ago, Frederick said:

As you have tested, setting the TabStop:=True at runtime does not work.

If in desingtime is set to false.

So:

12 hours ago, Sherzod said:

For now, you can set this at designtime, and optionally set it to false/true at runtime.

Set to true.

5 hours ago, Sherzod said:

Set to true.

Where else should I set it to True?

The following code does not work:-

procedure TfrmMain.UniFormReady(Sender: TObject);
begin
   edt1.TabStop:=True;
   cbo1.TabStop:=True;
   edt2.TabStop:=True;
   edt3.TabStop:=True;
   edt1.SetFocus;
end;

Sherzod,

I do know that I can set the TabStop to True at designtime. I can even set this property at runtime in VCL and it will work.

However, I am looking for a solution in UniGUI on how to set it during runtime and work.

If you have a solution now or if it will be fixed in the next build, please let me know.

2 hours ago, Frederick said:

if it will be fixed in the next build

We will check.

If you have a solution now

On 8/6/2022 at 9:08 PM, Sherzod said:

For now, you can set this at designtime, and optionally set it to false/true at runtime.

Sherzod,

I do know that I can set the TabStop to True at designtime. I can even set this property at runtime in VCL and it will work.

However, I am looking for a solution in UniGUI on how to set it during runtime and work.

If you have a solution now or if it will be fixed in the next build, please let me know.

I think @Sherzodis suggesting to not change the tabstop property at design time (leave it with the default true value) and change it only at designtime.

Roberto

• Upvote 1

I did more testing and this is weird but it works.

1.   Set the TabStop properties for all controls to True at designtime

2.   At runtime, I was able to change the TabStop properties to False and back to True at will.

Note: It does not have to be from the OnReady event of the form.

If the controls' TabStop properties are False at designtime, I cannot change the TabStop properties at runtime.