what is the recommended component for this task?

M.Ammar

Hi All,

I have to create a Live dashboard to view the statues of about 300 to 600 records at the same time they represent pieces of land, I only have to show the name and a color to represent status (Booked , Sold.. etc.) , I have created similar before (find in picture below) but it is very slow to handle 300 records , 

I thought of using uniDBgrid , but it will have one column only (Name) and will not use all the rest of the screen.

my 2nd issue is what is the best way to keep this view up-to-date for all users, is there any other way than refreshing the query every sec?   

I use Firdac with SQL server, I have tried FDEventAlerter1 before to detect updates but it did not work with uniGui, worked only with VCL application

any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated

regards

ammar

image.thumb.png.3ff5a56940d5c4bb7591c6603fee7c68.png

have you tried before creating the controls, use the suspendlayouts command and at the end resumelayouts?

for each control created, the unigui will send a request to the browser to render the component, doing this 300 times will really generate a delay

the command causes this to be done only 1x at the end of the process.

about alerting other users, look for websockets, here in the forum there is an example created by a great collaborator, but it requires the purchase of an extra component.

5 hours ago, M.Ammar said:

is there any other way than refreshing the query every sec?   

I use Firdac with SQL server, I have tried FDEventAlerter1 before to detect updates but it did not work with uniGui, worked only with VCL application

any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated

regards

ammar

Hello Ammar,

You can see this

http://forums.unigui.com/index.php?/topic/14772-how-can-i-receive-database-table-updates-periodically/&do=findComment&comment=81897

16 hours ago, Abaksoft said:

Thank You for your reply and ramadan kareem.

I am actually using similar idea by defining one integer field on company (one record) table and checking that for changes, will the sequence be much faster?

I am also thinking of dividing the data on 3 or more queries to use 3 or more -one column unidbGrids-  side by side is this a good solution?

regards