Notification

picyka

Guys, I would like an advisor who has already done something like that, I would like to know what is the best way to send notification to a xxxx user, and when reaching the notification open a form, this would be on mobile, which paths to follow?

I didn't want to use a timer and consult directly on the server.

10 minutes ago, rasaliad said:

Mr. Mohamed post an excellent tutorial about websockets, maybe it can help on yours needs.

I even looked at this post, would that be the correct and simplest way?

This is what's called "Push Notifications", this done via different ways, the most popular one by using Google Firebase

I'm not sure if some one has implemented that with Unigui, but we use it with mobile apps,

The second options to implement this via websockets, as the Mohammed did.

Last & less option via timer (heartbeat).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mohammed Nasman said:

This is what's called "Push Notifications", this done via different ways, the most popular one by using Google Firebase

I'm not sure if some one has implemented that with Unigui, but we use it with mobile apps,

The second options to implement this via websockets, as the Mohammed did.

Last & less option via timer (heartbeat).

With all these options, the only way would be for the user to have an open browser, right?

And the simplest way would be to use a timer, right?

1 minute ago, picyka said:

With all these options, the only way would be for the user to have an open browser, right?

Sure, you are developing web application and it's only works when running inside browser.

2 minutes ago, picyka said:

And the simplest way would be to use a timer, right?

Yes, if you found a firebase implementation, it will be so easy, for mobile apps, it's just few lines of code and everything will work fine.

Take a look at this article:

Quick And Easy Way To Integrate Firebase Into Your Delphi Apps

11 minutes ago, Mohammed Nasman said:

Sure, you are developing web application and it's only works when running inside browser.

Yes, if you found a firebase implementation, it will be so easy, for mobile apps, it's just few lines of code and everything will work fine.

Take a look at this article:

Quick And Easy Way To Integrate Firebase Into Your Delphi Apps

Thank you for the words.

31 minutes ago, picyka said:

Hello, I have implemented OneSignal.

This helps the user to receive messages from the server even if your application is not active.

Operation of mobile devices and desktop devices.

Requires only the end user to allow receiving messages when starting your site.

My users in the application itself have another option - "notes". It is possible for one user to leave a note for himself or another user. This functionality requires that you connect in the application itself. I use timers for it

I also have a chat in the app, which currently uses timers too, but I plan to switch to sockets when it develops

I have a restaurant app where users and waiters exchange messages and this also works with timers.

Timers eat more resources

I have not tested all this with 100 users, but only 10-20 at a time and it works well. The continuous tests lasted about a week

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, irigsoft said:

Hello, I have implemented OneSignal.

This helps the user to receive messages from the server even if your application is not active.

Operation of mobile devices and desktop devices.

Requires only the end user to allow receiving messages when starting your site.

My users in the application itself have another option - "notes". It is possible for one user to leave a note for himself or another user. This functionality requires that you connect in the application itself. I use timers for it

I also have a chat in the app, which currently uses timers too, but I plan to switch to sockets when it develops

I have a restaurant app where users and waiters exchange messages and this also works with timers.

Timers eat more resources

I have not tested all this with 100 users, but only 10-20 at a time and it works well. The continuous tests lasted about a week

Cool this approach, I need the guy to receive a notification and when he lives it, the system will automatically open a query with the data, a timer would solve, but it will consume a lot of the server.

I use TuniTimer on MainSession, to check every 60 seconds for new messages for notes. When note exist then just show on user button with notes count. Then user click on bitbtn (the notes) and open all notes with data on they frames.

For messages on chat timeout is 10 seconds

• 2 weeks later...

I saw in the documentation, and it is good to avoid activating the sequenced option of the tunitimer.

another way and in the timer, you can exchange messages by checking files in a folder, reading a file from a folder (plain text) and less costly than fetching it from your database.
a fileexist, and better than a select from table.