To host my Unigui DLL

SergioFeitoza

I am looking for a provider to host my Unigui DLL My program made with Unigui now runs right in the Remote Area on my provider using IIS. However, the support does not answer my doubts well and, for example today, the Remote Area stopped working. As I cannot trust in just one service, I am looking for an additional provider just to host the DLL. I intend to leave the other website and email services at the current provider as they work, and I do not depend on them so much. Can any of you suggest providers for this service at reasonable prices? If it is not proper to write here, please write the contact information to my email sergiofeitozacosta@gmail.com The relevant thing is that it is used for the same purpose by some of you and that the provider has a support that at least answer the questions.

See Hosting - uniGUI Discussion Forums

I think there are several satisfied users on the forum using Contabo.com. I have a test VPS server myself at Strato.com.
Price difference is often in:
- number of memory
- Processor
- bandwidth (you pay extra for traffic when you use more as in the contract) 
- disk space

If you need 200 MB of bandwidth then you have a good solution at Contabo.
But take a good look at what they offer in addition, such as snapshots, backup, ip addresses, etc

Contabo                                                   Strato
- 4vCPU                                                   - 4 vCPU 
- 8 GB RAM                                              - 4 GB RAM  
- 200 GB SSD storage                             - 200 GB SSD storage
- 200 Mbit traffic                                     - unlimited traffic    
- Windows 2019                                       - Windows 2019
- € 10,98                                                   - € 20,00   

24 minutes ago, mierlp said:

See Hosting - uniGUI Discussion Forums

I think there are several satisfied users on the forum using Contabo.com. I have a test VPS server myself at Strato.com.
Price difference is often in:
- number of memory
- Processor
- bandwidth (you pay extra for traffic when you use more as in the contract) 
- disk space

If you need 200 MB of bandwidth then you have a good solution at Contabo.
But take a good look at what they offer in addition, such as snapshots, backup, ip addresses, etc

Contabo                                                   Strato
- 4vCPU                                                   - 4 vCPU 
- 8 GB RAM                                              - 4 GB RAM  
- 200 GB SSD storage                             - 200 GB SSD storage
- 200 Mbit traffic                                     - unlimited traffic    
- Windows 2019                                       - Windows 2019
- € 10,98                                                   - € 20,00   

Hi Mierlp This is great. I did not know it exists . Tomorrow I will read in details. Thank you very much. Great help

Actually I passed some hours this afternoon checking Contabo. that I think I will  contract. I am studying more to buy the right initial plan, possibly tomorrow

The doubts I am trying to clarify to select the proper minimum  plan are:

Question 1 - How does the provider VPS work?:

In my current provider I access the Windows Remote Area that they have made available, I place the program's DLL in the 😄 /MyDLLDirectory , adjust the ISS and then just enter the address in the browser. Everything equal to what I do here at home on localhost. Before, I installed MySql in the remote area.

My doubt is if In CONTABO and other VPS providers  the procedure is the same

Question 2 - which plan to choose:

I will put 1 or 2 “calculators” with a 32MB DLL that uses a small MySql database. These are specific calculations and I think should never have more than 2 to 3 simultaneous users. Most likely to have only one user at a time and from time to time.

Do the plan that you listed meet my needs. I think YES

Question 3 :

If it is a Remote Area the common thing is to have available a MySql and ISS operating or do I need to install?

Question 4:

If I want to put in the same remote area - in another directory - besides the DLL one -  a very  little html PHP site does this work?

Hello

Have you checked the port settings in your remote area.

Often the standard port is not open and needs to be configured.

I put my Standalone application in the remote area and launched it. Locally it works fine, but remotely the unigui port must be set in the rules of VPS firewall.

You may not have set this up: gmail port in VPS firewall policy

Hi

See answers in red:

In my current provider I access the Windows Remote Area that they have made available, I place the program's DLL in the 😄 /MyDLLDirectory , adjust the ISS and then just enter the address in the browser. Everything equal to what I do here at home on localhost. Before, I installed MySql in the remote area.

A VPS server (virtual private server) is no more than your own virtual server based on a hypervisor, eg Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware or another variant. You should see this as follows:
- Layer 1: Physical server / hardware / storage
- Layer 2: Hypervisior (Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware)
- Layer 3: Virtual machine with an OS (Windows server 201x / Linux)
You make optimal use of your hardware and within the hypervisor layer you have several virtual machines.

Your virtual machine is allocated, among other things, cpu, memory, disk capacity via the hypervisor layer.
You install an operating system in your virtual machine (vps). This has often already happened with a VPS server. Then you can install everything on this ... your MySQL server, uniGui runtime, you're .dll and IIS (often only turned on).

Access to your VPS server for management or installations is usually based on an RDP session or Plesk or cPanel of other solutuions..
You usually get this login information from your VPS provider.

I will put 1 or 2 “calculators” with a 32MB DLL that uses a small MySql database. These are specific calculations and I think should never have more than 2 to 3 simultaneous users. Most likely to have only one user at a time and from time to time.

You don't need much for the application you describe. All processing is done on the server.
The Contabo VPS S SSD is sufficient with 200 GB and 8 GB of memory.
Almost all VPS configurations are made up of a C and D partition.
This will be approximately:
- Partition C 70-80 GB for OS and eg MySQL
- Partition D:  remaining GB

You can of course install everything on the D partition (also advised). This is to prevent that when you get a Windows update
you don't have enough space on C. The maxim is often:
- Partition C Windows OS only and what is really needed or can not be installed on a other drive
- Partition D programs and data

Question 3 :

If it is a Remote Area the common thing is to have available a MySql and ISS operating or do I need to install?

First you set up a Remote Desktop Session to the server and you take over the server. So you just see the OS as you are used to with a
local computer and it works the same too. You see the local drives/folder of you're local machine AND  drives/folder of the remote machine.

What you often cannot do is download from, for example, MySQL via the browser on the VPS server.
What you do is download MySQL on your PC and upload it to your VPS server and then install it.
IIS is part of Windows 2019 server and stands for VPS server in 95% ON by default

Question 4:

If I want to put in the same remote area - in another directory - besides the DLL one -  a very  little html PHP site does this work?

An html / php site also works. You must then convert / link the domain name to this VPS server. Otherwise the '' internet '' will not know where to look where the site is located. This has to do with DNS. Roughly speaking, it means that a name is linked to an IP address. That is the IP address of, for example, your VPS server.

vmware.png

6 hours ago, irigsoft said:

Hello

Have you checked the port settings in your remote area.

Often the standard port is not open and needs to be configured.

I put my Standalone application in the remote area and launched it. Locally it works fine, but remotely the unigui port must be set in the rules of VPS firewall.

You may not have set this up: gmail port in VPS firewall policy

Thanks .. I will check again this morning . The code qorks well  in the Remote Area except for the outgoing e-mail. However I installed Outlook in the Reote Area and created the same gmail account and workd. I will check what is written PORT in my code. I will inform

2 hours ago, mierlp said:

Hi

See answers in red:

In my current provider I access the Windows Remote Area that they have made available, I place the program's DLL in the 😄 /MyDLLDirectory , adjust the ISS and then just enter the address in the browser. Everything equal to what I do here at home on localhost. Before, I installed MySql in the remote area.

A VPS server (virtual private server) is no more than your own virtual server based on a hypervisor, eg Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware or another variant. You should see this as follows:
- Layer 1: Physical server / hardware / storage
- Layer 2: Hypervisior (Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware)
- Layer 3: Virtual machine with an OS (Windows server 201x / Linux)
You make optimal use of your hardware and within the hypervisor layer you have several virtual machines.

Your virtual machine is allocated, among other things, cpu, memory, disk capacity via the hypervisor layer.
You install an operating system in your virtual machine (vps). This has often already happened with a VPS server. Then you can install everything on this ... your MySQL server, uniGui runtime, you're .dll and IIS (often only turned on).

Access to your VPS server for management or installations is usually based on an RDP session or Plesk or cPanel of other solutuions..
You usually get this login information from your VPS provider.

You don't need much for the application you describe. All processing is done on the server.
The Contabo VPS S SSD is sufficient with 200 GB and 8 GB of memory.
Almost all VPS configurations are made up of a C and D partition.
This will be approximately:
- Partition C 70-80 GB for OS and eg MySQL
- Partition D:  remaining GB

You can of course install everything on the D partition (also advised). This is to prevent that when you get a Windows update
you don't have enough space on C. The maxim is often:
- Partition C Windows OS only and what is really needed or can not be installed on a other drive
- Partition D programs and data

Question 3 :

First you set up a Remote Desktop Session to the server and you take over the server. So you just see the OS as you are used to with a
local computer and it works the same too. You see the local drives/folder of you're local machine AND  drives/folder of the remote machine.

What you often cannot do is download from, for example, MySQL via the browser on the VPS server.
What you do is download MySQL on your PC and upload it to your VPS server and then install it.
IIS is part of Windows 2019 server and stands for VPS server in 95% ON by default

Question 4:

An html / php site also works. You must then convert / link the domain name to this VPS server. Otherwise the '' internet '' will not know where to look where the site is located. This has to do with DNS. Roughly speaking, it means that a name is linked to an IP address. That is the IP address of, for example, your VPS server.

vmware.png

Dear Mierlp.

Thank you very much for your great help. Your text is excellent and gave me all the information I needed to decide. It was the first time that I saw a text that explains well, for humans, these concepts. I imagine you apply training as it is very didactic. I am going to hire a plan today. I was curious and visited his website http://www.eventsoft.nl  . Congratulations, the product and the site are great. I saw that you are from WEERT (Netherlands). I used to go to Arnhem a lot at the KEMA labs. They have the most important testing laboratories for large electrical equipment in the world. These are very expensive tests. I also worked and managed laboratories of this type. There are few in the world. My SwitchgearDesign software is perhaps the only one in the world that simulates these tests. In 1 or 2 days you will be able to see the release of the free web version at this link https://www.cognitor.com.br/SwitchgearDesign.html    The Delphi VCL version has been in use for more than 10 years but the web version completely new. I would not have been able to complete the WEB / Unigui version without the help of some 10 people from this forum who help me as you did. I will not mention the names to avoid forgetting someone.

Thanks to all

Sergio Feitoza

Hi Sergio

Thanks for the compliment. In daily life I am an IT Solutions Architect for the government. I am involved in all kinds of IT developments.
This can be server, storage, network concepts, workplace concepts, virtualization, SAAS, IAAS, PAAS, etc. to fiber optic concepts in
the city for 5G, fiber optic concepts for traffic control installation in the city, but also concepts for camera surveillance and everything
that goes with it.

In addition, I have my own company Eventsoft, which focuses on the festival / events industry with our software and hardware.
The software is the registration of volunteers, guests, artists and suppliers and a whole lot moren :) . The reason for this is my
own festival www.bospop.nl.

KEMA is certainly known in the Netherlands. I went there 8 years ago for a presentation

Regards Peter

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mierlp said:

Hi Sergio

Thanks for the compliment. In daily life I am an IT Solutions Architect for the government. I am involved in all kinds of IT developments.
This can be server, storage, network concepts, workplace concepts, virtualization, SAAS, IAAS, PAAS, etc. to fiber optic concepts in
the city for 5G, fiber optic concepts for traffic control installation in the city, but also concepts for camera surveillance and everything
that goes with it.

In addition, I have my own company Eventsoft, which focuses on the festival / events industry with our software and hardware.
The software is the registration of volunteers, guests, artists and suppliers and a whole lot moren :) . The reason for this is my
own festival www.bospop.nl.

KEMA is certainly known in the Netherlands. I went there 8 years ago for a presentation

Regards Peter

Hi Peter. You have quite good activities. I made many friends in the Netherlands in the last 40 years (I am 66 and took the vaccine yesterday).   For some time, I was a kind of agent of Kema in Brazil..

Great to read about your music festival   www.bospop.nl. After becoming a recognized engineer in the “energy area”, in the last years I am changing my focus to music production and  books writer. I am a songs composer, guitar player, sing a little bit and I have now 5 CD’s / DVDs produced.

That´s why I am putting this software free in the web to finally remove the bonds that still hold me in R&D engineering. This week I will be making also available a pdf  reader made with Unigui with my last book “ The Cosmic Engineers in the Country of Amazonia … “ Links in http://www.cognitor.com.br

Cheers

Sergio