QUERIES IN UNIGUI : When using a MySql database, Delphi components work in the same way as in VCL codes ?.

SergioFeitoza

I use the same database components to connect – as well - the VCL Delphi version and the Unigui version.

In the VCL version, when I change a value in my screen the change is automatically done in the MySql tables. I suppose that this is the main function of the database components.

To do this in the VCL version it is sufficient to use the “Delphi” statements like

try

SQL.Text := 'SELECT * FROM t_lastcalc';

Open;

Append;

FieldByName('Fuel').AsString := tipo_projetoSTR;

FieldByName('TypeOfPlant').AsString := tipo_plantaSTR;

Post;

finally

Free;

end;

However, when doing the final tests of my Unigui code, to deploy in the web, I noticed that for the Unigui version the phases above work when the code is running but they are not sufficient to save the changes automatically in the MySql database.  I do not know if I did some undue modification to provoke this.

In my Unigui version, to succeed in updating the MySql data base I need to use the classical MySql queries like:

AddNewUser := TMyQuery.Create(nil);

try

AddNewUser.Connection := uniMainModule.MyConnection;

AddNewUser.SQL.Clear;

AddNewUser.SQL.Add('INSERT INTO hpl.USERS (LOGIN,DATEREGISTER) VALUES (:LOGIN,:DATEREGISTER);');

AddNewUser.ParamByName('LOGIN').AsString := LOGIN;

AddNewUser.ParamByName('DATEREGISTER').AsDateTime := now;

AddNewUser.Execute;

finally

AddNewUser.Free;

end.

As I work with a table with some 80 columns it is hard to update the tables using MySql queries.

I think I am missing something. Otherwise, what would be the reason for not using only Delphi native components?

Could you please clarify if, in my Unigui code, I am obliged to use the MySql statements instead of – only - the components language that I use in the VCL version ?

Thanks, in advance.

2 hours ago, SergioFeitoza said:

try

SQL.Text := 'SELECT * FROM t_lastcalc';

Open;

Append;

FieldByName('Fuel').AsString := tipo_projetoSTR;

FieldByName('TypeOfPlant').AsString := tipo_plantaSTR;

Post;

finally

Free;

end;

I use the same method with VCL & Unigui without problem.

Actually, I have large application, built as VCL desktop, then I have create Unigui application, that share most of code with same DataModule shared between two application without problem.

If you can attach a test case, I will look into it to see if you have any issue with your code

PS: I use Unidac not  Mydac.

6 hours ago, Mohammed Nasman said:

I use the same method with VCL & Unigui without problem.

Actually, I have large application, built as VCL desktop, then I have create Unigui application, that share most of code with same DataModule shared between two application without problem.

If you can attach a test case, I will look into it to see if you have any issue with your code

PS: I use Unidac not  Mydac.

Thank you Mohammed  My problem to send  a test case is that my code is a very big one and it is  almost impossible to separate a part representative of the problem (see the figure)

I constructed the program  exactly as you describe your case . I use MySql and I think that -  from the point of view of  saving the data in MySql tables -  the version Unigui was working correctly before. That is, when I changed the boxes in my code (figure) the MySql table was updated. Now what happens is that when I am running the code  everything seems to be OK . I change values and they are changed  but the changes do not aarive to the MySql table. It is like opening MySql workbench , open a table, change a valure BUT do not click the APPLY  button. I do not know the reason.  It iss like being protected

Let me put the question in another way:    Do you know any small demo usinh Unigui + MySql + any database component ? Maybe Unidac.

SWD.png

3 hours ago, SergioFeitoza said:

Thank you Mohammed  My problem to send  a test case is that my code is a very big one and it is  almost impossible to separate a part representative of the problem (see the figure)

I constructed the program  exactly as you describe your case . I use MySql and I think that -  from the point of view of  saving the data in MySql tables -  the version Unigui was working correctly before. That is, when I changed the boxes in my code (figure) the MySql table was updated. Now what happens is that when I am running the code  everything seems to be OK . I change values and they are changed  but the changes do not aarive to the MySql table. It is like opening MySql workbench , open a table, change a valure BUT do not click the APPLY  button. I do not know the reason.  It iss like being protected

Let me put the question in another way:    Do you know any small demo usinh Unigui + MySql + any database component ? Maybe Unidac.

In all of my projects i'm using UniGUI + MyDAC + MYSQL without any problems.

34 minutes ago, Hayri ASLAN said:

In all of my projects i'm using UniGUI + MyDAC + MYSQL without any problems.

Thanks for your comments. L will try to  identificate what is not working well here in the update of the MySql table.

The test I will do is the following .MyDac.bmp

I use the code below in the VCL version of my code to duplicate a line of the “MyDacQuery” associated with a table in the MySql. I just click the button with the code below and a new line is created duplicating an existing. It works perfectly and the MySql table is updated doing only this

In my Unigui version I use exactly the same thing and components.

In your opinion this should work well in the Unigui version (from the point of view of the MySql being updated) ?

procedure TF0D.DuplicateLineofTableClick(Sender: TObject);

var

i: integer;

begin

with MyDacConnection do

begin

for i := 0 to DataSetCount - 1 do DataSets[i].DisableControls;

end;

try

DuplicateCurrentRecordJ(MyDacQuery);

except

ShowMessage ('Error duplicating a line of MyQuery');

end;

with MyDacConnection  do

begin

for i := 0 to DataSetCount - 1 do  DataSets[i].EnableControls;

end;

end;

procedure TF0D.DuplicateCurrentRecord (aDataSet: TMyQuery);

var

Data: array of variant;

aRecord: array of TVarRec;

i: integer;

max: integer;

begin

max := aDataSet.fields.count - 1;

// set the lenghth of the arecord array to be the same as the number of elements in the data array

SetLength(aRecord, max + 1);

SetLength(Data, max + 1);

// set the variant type pointers to the data array

for i := 0 to max do

begin

aRecord[i].VType := vtVariant;

aRecord[i].VVariant := @Data[i];

end;

// Copy the Record to the Array

for i := 0 to max do

begin

if i <> 1 then

Data[i] := aDataSet.fields[i].value

else

Data[i] := aDataSet.fields[i].value + '_bis';    // change only the title of the new record

end;

// finally append the record in one go

aDataSet.AppendRecord(aRecord);

end;

Are you using CachedUpdate property?

May you have a transaction without commit?

As I said before, calling Query.Post will save data immediately to Mysql from Unigui app.

try to start new project with one form that add data to one table on mysql, and try to see if it will do the update or not, if not, please post here so we can check it with you.

3 minutes ago, Mohammed Nasman said:

Are you using CachedUpdate property?

May you have a transaction without commit?

As I said before, calling Query.Post will save data immediately to Mysql from Unigui app.

try to start new project with one form that add data to one table on mysql, and try to see if it will do the update or not, if not, please post here so we can check it with you.

Thank you very much Mohammed. You are right. Yesterday I checked again and corrected a mistake I was doing . It is now working well as before and Mydac components are working correctly