TUnimHTMLFrame vs TUnimURLFrame

Hunter

• 1 year later...

If not solved, because those components are really a torn in my unigui finger !

There are some differences between these two components. UniUrlFrame, as far as I can see works with iframe. Some services and API have protection or different behavior towards it loads content. Try big services and you will see. No way Jose with uniUrlFrame, they block it . Of course, htmlframe wont even work at all.

Anyway, there is no clear documentation on that. I follow this rule: Try HtmlFrame, not work ? Try uniURLFrame with code in its Html properties. Not work ? try direct url do external local file or url from API or service online.

Same thing using JS function in codes. Works different in both components and we have to make some guess work. Worst calling ajaxRequest. Some time woth with window, parent, bobo param and whatnots. Can't see the rule. And why you sometimes  should config ID to name the component with some codes and other not, to uniURLFrame, is beyond my imagination.

With uniURLFrame, i discovered that you rename and call JS function in the HTML code loaded, works all the time but not directly from uniGUI in no command available.

Some JS libs works, another does not works. Scope in JS is different from Pascal and works more bizarre.

So, good luck with that. IF solved, please, reply.