UnimDBEdit - Inputtype=number -> decimal point is ignored (both "," and ".")

likemike

Hello!

The title says it all. The displayformat of my field in the query is "#####0.00"

Examples:

Input       Output
12,34      1234,00
12.34      1234,00

To make it work, I have to delete the InputType.

Regards

Mike

On 3/3/2021 at 9:27 PM, likemike said:

The title says it all. The displayformat of my field in the query is "#####0.00"

Examples:

Input       Output
12,34      1234,00
12.34      1234,00

To make it work, I have to delete the InputType.

Hello,

Sorry, what's the issue?

Hello!

OK - I try it with other words.

What I need is a DBEdit field, which is binded to a database TFloatField (it's an amount field and not a currency field!) and which allows me to input values like 1234,56 or 1234.56

I've tried UnimDBEdit with InputType = number.  -> that doesn't work, because I always get integer values (the decimal point is ignored).
I've tried UnimDBNumberEdit -> that doesn't work, because I only get the numbers 0..9 on the touch-keyboard (no decimal point!).

So the problem is, that the UnimDB components are ignoring the "Precision" value of the TFloatField.

BTW: when I set "Currency" to true I get the right result, but with the currency unit.

Thanks

Mike

Hello!

I've found the reason for my problem, but no solution.

The reason is:

In UnimDBEdit (UnimDBNumberEdit) these properties are missing:
    property DecimalUseOSDefault;
    property DecimalPrecision;
    property DecimalSeparator;

while in UniDBEdit (UniDBNumberEdit) they exist.

So it would be nice, if these properties are added in the next release.

Regards

Mike

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2021 at 8:26 PM, Sherzod said:

Sorry, what's the issue?

Проблема в том, что непонятно какой разделитель DecimalSeparator правильно использовать на FrontEnd (в браузере): точку или запятую.

Обратите внимание на картинку 1. На десктопе - запятая, а в мобильной версии - точка. А на картинке 2 тоже мобильная платформа, но уже значение с запятой.

Т.е. нет однозначного правильного значения.

На BackEnd все понятно, там есть FormatSettings и все зависит от настроек операционной системы.

Например, у меня есть TUnimEdit, где inputType = number и мне нужна компонента именно TUnimEdit.

код для мобильной платформы:

UnimEdit1.Text := FloatToStr(DataSet1.Fields[10].AsFloat);// значение "2,99" - работает
или
UnimEdit1.Text := DataSet1.Fields[10].AsString;// значение "2,99" - поле в браузере будет пустым 

Но вопрос в том: как правильно и от чего зависит? От браузера, от настроек фреймворка extJS. Если от настроек фреймворка extJS, то где эти настройки посмотреть, изменить?

Этот код для фронтэнда или для бэкэнда:

UniGuiApplication.PfmtSettings.DecimalSeparator :='.';

И еще. Чем отличается - uniGUIApplication.FmtSettings от uniGUIApplication.PFmtSettings?

В справке пусто:

http://www.unigui.com/doc/online_help/api/uniGUIApplication_PFmtSettings.html

http://www.unigui.com/doc/online_help/api/uniGUIApplication_FmtSettings.html

Screenshot_7.jpg

Screenshot_9.jpg

• 8 months later...
On 4/19/2021 at 3:08 PM, x11 said:

Проблема в том, что непонятно какой разделитель DecimalSeparator правильно использовать на FrontEnd (в браузере): точку или запятую.

вопрос все еще актуален

As far as I understand FmtSettings and PFmtSettings is the same things. But second is pointer to FmtSettings:

PFmtSettings: PFormatSettings;

FmtSettings: TFormatSettings;

Found in samples:

procedure TUniMainModule.UniGUIMainModuleCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin
  with PFmtSettings^ do
  begin
    DateSeparator:='/';
    CurrencyFormat:=0;
    CurrencyString:='$';
  end;
end;

The real problem is, that the component UnimNumberEdit doesn't work as expected.
When you set decimals to 2 the virtual keyboard on the mobil device only shows the numbes 0-9 without decimal point or comma. So it's impossible for the end user to fill in a decimal number like 123,45.

I cannot understand, why it takes so long to fit this bug.

• Upvote 1

On 12/20/2021 at 4:33 PM, likemike said:

The real problem is, that the component UnimNumberEdit doesn't work as expected.
When you set decimals to 2 the virtual keyboard on the mobil device only shows the numbes 0-9 without decimal point or comma. So it's impossible for the end user to fill in a decimal number like 123,45.

I cannot understand, why it takes so long to fit this bug.

With which mobile device did you test?