Estimate: How many users can work on one server?

erich.wanker

hello .. short question - and i know it is not possible to answer .. but i hope someone can give a ESTIMATE :-)

HOW MANY USERS CAN WORK (create, edit, update and delete of Records) simultan on such a hardware

Hardware:

Software:

• Windows Sever 2019
  • Apache Webserver
  • UniGui exe (via Hyperserver.dll) with size of 30MB
  • Connection to a MySQL Database (local) with 30 Tables á 20 fields / with ZeosLib in MainModule
  • the application uses a lot of uniDGBrids / forms with uniDBEdit / ... has 20 Forms and 20 Frames

On 13/02/2021 at 11:27, erich.wanker said:

olá .. pergunta curta - e eu sei que não é possível responder .. mas espero que alguém possa dar uma estimativa 🙂

QUANTOS USUÁRIOS PODEM TRABALHAR (criar, editar, atualizar e excluir registros) simultaneamente em tal hardware

Hardware:

Programas:

• Windows Sever 2019
  • Servidor Apache
  • Exe UniGui (via Hyperserver.dll) com tamanho de 30 MB
  • Conexão a um banco de dados MySQL (local) com 30 tabelas á 20 campos / com ZeosLib no MainModule
  • o aplicativo usa muitos uniDGBrids / forms com uniDBEdit / ... tem 20 formulários e 20 frames

there are a multitude of factors that can influence this calculation.

some suggestions:

if you open your forms in tabs, avoid leaving too many tabs open, I limit it to a maximum of 4, when the user opens to 5, I remove it to 1,

avoid opening your queries with select * from table

open your forms without data, and offer a search feature, and limit the return on that search.

avoid using sequeced timer enabled.

avoid using forms, use frames instead.

avoid leaving the system open indefinitely, set a time limit to end the application without use.

my application has about 350 forms and consumes an average of 15 mb per user.

having more memory, and more processor, does not mean that you can add new users in the same proportion, you can reach the limit of the operating system, even if you do not use all available memory and processor.

if you have a large capacity server, it is better to create virtual machines on that server, than to use only a large server.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ronbral said:

Hi Wilton; what negative impact of using the timer did you detect?

Obviously, if you let a timer working unnecessarily, it will consume additional resources.

Get into the habit of :

stopping any timer  onclose form or on destroy frame.

- Same Closing any DataSet onclose form or on destroy frame.