Connecting UniGui to an Application server through REMObjects SDK

SIRE Software

Good Morning, I would like to know if it is possible to integrate REM Objects SDK along with UniGui to make a connection to an application server. This is with the purpose of the use of the application server methods since this server processes the data, make queries and affects the database.

In other way if i can't use REM, is there some place in the frame where i can integrate my custom remote functions invocations?

I would really appreciate any help, Thank you.

3 hours ago, claudio.piffer said:

Hi Ivan

I use RO/DA without problems in uniGUI. What's your problem?

Hey Claudio,  thanks for replying!

how did you implement it??  

i'm trying to create  a web application but  since we have this application server that provides  and process the data we need to make calls to  remote functions using the REMObjects SDK

Hi Victor

to use of RO / DA with unigui follows the same rules as with a normal VCL application. In the unit UniMainModule you must have the channel and message components (therefore one channel and message for each session). Then in the datamodule you put the RORemoteService component, you connect the channel and message, set the service with which it must speak and so you can use the methods exposed by the service (xxx_intf.pas). Or, if it is a DA service, you can create your DAMemDataTables through the remotedataadapter 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, claudio.piffer said:

Hi Victor

to use of RO / DA with unigui follows the same rules as with a normal VCL application. In the unit UniMainModule you must have the channel and message components (therefore one channel and message for each session). Then in the datamodule you put the RORemoteService component, you connect the channel and message, set the service with which it must speak and so you can use the methods exposed by the service (xxx_intf.pas). Or, if it is a DA service, you can create your DAMemDataTables through the remotedataadapter 

Thank you so much!

I tried as you told me, and it's working.

• Like 1