Migration from other third party components

Economopoulos Costas

I originally tried to port (using cross translators) old windows legacy programs (heavily dependent on DevExpress Grids) to UniGUI but to be honest with you, building new UniGUI programs from scratch is quicker and better - JavaScript is very powerful.

Yes, that means you have to learn new web programming concepts, afterwards though, you will be so much better off.

It is refreshing to have WebApps run across multiple hardware / OS platforms - thank you Farshad and the team at UniGUI.

• 1 month later...

DevExpress , JEDI , INDY, Unidac, Quick Report , EAN Components (barcodes).

DevExpress need to be rewritten, JCL and nonvisual JVCL mostly could work as is. The Indy, UniDAC, EAN I think also would work fine, QR could be rewritten, you can do the search on this forum about it.

Hello

If I can help, I will explain what I did.

I use one Master dll (with functions and procedures) for 3 projects.

Two of them are desktop applications, one is the UNIGUI project.

One of the desktop applications is exactly the same as UNIGUI.

In Master dll I have a procedure in which I get the result of the query in DBGrid on the screen.

This works well for Desktop by sending a Master dll pointer to the DBGrid on the screen

, now i need to make it work in unigui without changing the master dll.

The solution was:

I get uniDBGrid from a screen from a UNIGUI project and send a pointer to the Master DLL, but the Master dll lie for this sender is DBGrid.

TempObject : TDBGrid;

myUniGrid : TuniDBGrid;

TempObject := TDbgrid (myUniGrid);

//procedure in Master dll to execute query and show result to myuniDBGrid;

ExecuteQuery (TEMPObject);

This comes with some problems, and after that I change some code in unigui but that help to start faster.