FastReport DialogPage and uniGUI

snow

Hello everyone,

I recently started using uniGUI in my project. Many parts of this application rely on FastReport, most of those on the DialogPage for some data input or selection. I used the uniGUI FastReport Demo to get going, and reports without DialogPages work perfectly. For the other reports, I designed a form (based on TUniForm), which basically parses the DialogPage, creates uniGUI components and links them with the FastReport components on the DialogPage (i.e. a click on the TUniButton tiggers the OnClick event for the corresponing FastReport button).

While this works, it is really slow. For my test reports, it takes up to 7-8 seconds to build this form. Some events take up to 1 second to relay all information (from the uniGUI to the FastReport component, which triggers its FastReport event, the wait for this event to finish, and refreshing my form with this new data).

Since I'm probably not the only one struggling with this problem: How did you solve it? Like I did? Did you do something completely different? Could FastReport Server be a solution?

I appreciate your help.

1 hour ago, snow said:

Hello everyone,

I recently started using uniGUI in my project. Many parts of this application rely on FastReport, most of those on the DialogPage for some data input or selection. I used the uniGUI FastReport Demo to get going, and reports without DialogPages work perfectly. For the other reports, I designed a form (based on TUniForm), which basically parses the DialogPage, creates uniGUI components and links them with the FastReport components on the DialogPage (i.e. a click on the TUniButton tiggers the OnClick event for the corresponing FastReport button).

While this works, it is really slow. For my test reports, it takes up to 7-8 seconds to build this form. Some events take up to 1 second to relay all information (from the uniGUI to the FastReport component, which triggers its FastReport event, the wait for this event to finish, and refreshing my form with this new data).

Since I'm probably not the only one struggling with this problem: How did you solve it? Like I did? Did you do something completely different? Could FastReport Server be a solution?

I appreciate your help.

Hi,

Can you create a test case so we can work on it?