IS THERE  (low cost) ALTERNATIVE TO DELPHI + UNIGUI + MYSQL + GLSCENE?

SergioFeitoza

Last 15 years I made a code using Delphi + MySql + Unigui + Glscene. It is a unique engineering program (the code is for sale and cheap because I am changing of area).

My notebook started giving those Windows blue screen errors.  I got tired and gave a “Restore” in Windows.

In the moment of anger, I realized that I am in the wrong direction. My 25 years in R&D area tell me that these 4 tools alone do not have more than a 4-year future.

We need a simple tool that has only few resources of these 4. Is this JS?  Good subject for a M.Sc. or B.Sc. end of course thesis. I can help to define the scope.

We use less than 20% of the resources of each of the 4 tools. They have mostly unnecessary refinements.

Embarcadero's Delphi is the best example. It has become awfully expensive and difficult to use due to unnecessary stuff.

stopped buying at Delphi Seattle and was well attended with Delphi 7. Who needs a Delphi Barcelona?  (I love Barcelona and went 5 times there)

THE QUESTION AND SUGGESTION TO YOUNG DEVEPOPERS:

Create a basic resources language, that can, in a single code, join a basic Delphi screen, with a database like MySql with the some of the great Unigui resources to run on the web.  GLscene is easy to join in Unigui. Invest your time in this 4 in 1 technology, It is useless to be the "great" in each one.

Remember: you can draw a sun with your finger or with a thousand colours super software. The most useful solution is the easier to achieve and not the expensive one. People stay more than 70% of the time in WhatsApp and not studying things that will bring low money.

Sergio Feitoza www.cognitor.com.br    

Sol.jpeg

2 hours ago, x11 said:

tms web core?

If I undertood what I read in a fast view to the site it is  something more or less equivalent to Unigui and also do not contain 3D possibilities. In the  current situation of the four apps Delphi + Unigui + GLscene + MySql each one of them are individually good. My point is finding the  way nearest to 4 in just 1 tool. For anything different of this I prefer to stay as I am now. 

4 minutes ago, SergioFeitoza said:

just 1 tool

Your requests are strange.
HOW can you replace 4 completely different tools with one?
Even if you have 2 tools: Delphi and MySQL, what 1 tools will you replace them with?

2 minutes ago, x11 said:

Your requests are strange.
HOW can you replace 4 completely different tools with one?
Even if you have 2 tools: Delphi and MySQL, what 1 tools will you replace them with?

Hi x11. Thanks again.

What I am doing is not a request. At my 67 years old I am stopping with the developments.

I am giving a suggestion to younger people. If I knew 10 years ago how uncomfortable is to reinstall 4 apps instead of just one  I would invest 6 to 12 months of work to do more or less  the following:

a)       Take Lazarus instead of Delphi

b)      Add to it the procedures of Unigui which is very competent  and low cost

c)       Add to it (only some of) the procedures of the great GLScene for 3D ( you can produce even great games and high level animations – check here  *** )

d)      Include in the same installation a single free database which works with just one  file and not as MySql. MySql is very good, has the Community free version working well but the other versions are not low cost. You need additionally something like MyDac.  In the past I used local  ADO + MSAcess database which worked well for my modest purposes. Unfortunately, I moved to MySql which took me some 2 years to learn about a good use. For my case there was no advantage. I do not have forces to go back now.

The company most well positioned to do a task like this is FMSoft / Unigui. To do a code ONLY for the Web. I do not have doubt that someone will do it

( **) everything  here made with Delphi + GLScene + MySql  https://www.cognitor.com.br/TR074ENGValidationTempRise.pdf